Sign in to follow this  
Manu_S

IV Firestorm Armada Tournament in Valencia, Spain.

Hi all! I announce another tournament in Valencia, Spain. The tournament is held on July 31, 800 points of full painted fleets and three rounds will be played, missions will be chosen randomly from the rulebook before each round. For the classification we will use the @Ryjak points format. At this moment we have 12 players confirmed!

Hi all! 12 players confirmed! Here his name and fleet for tournament:

Alberto (not in forum) - Directorate
@Alex - Directorate + Omnidyne
Angel (not in forum) - Ba'Kash
@Borlung - Terran
@Eltharion - Sorylian
@HeerViktor - Terran
@jordiet - Tarakian + Ryushi
@Kor'Nak Vaan - Xelocian + Hawker
@LASIRIUS - Sorylian
@Manu_S - Directorate + Corsairs
@Picazo - Directorate
@Zebo - Hawker + Terquai

Hi all! The tournament is finished and I'm very tired but I put here the final classification for you. Tomorrow more details!

Remember that for the points we use the @Ryjak scoring format:

Draw: 5 points

Marginal Success/Marginal Loss: 7/4 points

Major Triumph/Major Failure: 9/2 points

Landslide Victory/Crushing Defeat: 11/0 points

large.clasificacion.jpg.0802724f4494a59c

We like the scoring system, we are using it in this and future events.We are using it in an ongoing FSA league, I will talk more about the league here soon.

Alex and jordiet had two Landslide Victory and one Crushing Defeat, Picazo had a  Major Triumph, a Marginal Loss and a Marginal Succes and I had a Draw, a Landslide Victory and a Marginal Loss.

Hi all! Funny tournament, I figth Vs Angel with Ba'kash (Victory for me) after Vs @LASIRIUS with Sorylian (He wins this time :P ) and finally Vs @Manu_S in a good battle with Directorate fleets. Fun, fair play and cool people.

P.D: I know it, my english sux xD

It's real, sorylian won!!

The lists were: 

List 1

Battleship with +2 mv", +1 shield, weapon shielding, split fire, 3 light frigates

1 heavy cruiser(full equip) & 3 cruisers

10 frigates with pack hunters

List 2

Battleship with +2 mv", +1 shield, weapon shielding, split fire, 2 light frigates

3 gunships with nuclear torpedoes

3 assault cruisers with second assault

5 corvettes

Yeah, great tournament. 

My first game was a crushing defeat vs Alex. His Omnidyne cruisers started destroying one Terquai Torpedo Cruiser in the first round, and damaging my Excelsior. The rest of the game followed de same way. 

The second game was versus Borlung and his Terran. As spected, both allied armys treated each other with respect, I tried to arrive to his area of deployment, and he tried to stop me. I lost a couple of ships more than him, but anything serious. The time was up just before our third turn, when I was very close an he had better choices to shoot me. We were really slow xD.  Draw. 

The third game was versus Kor'Nak'Vaan's Xelocian. This time, I focus on destroy the bird's ships, and have for first time some good dice rolls. In the end, the Xelocian's fleet was hardly punished, but the spacebirds take two objectives. Draw. 

I will remember with special pride one nuclear-big exosion in each game, damaging a hole cruiser scuadron. 

P. S: It's Hawker Industries with Terquai allies, not Terran with Terquai. My business of hemp-made sunglases will make me the richest lord of the galaxy! 

18 hours ago, Ryjak said:

How did everyone respond to this scoring system, especially as Alex and Jordiet were 2nd and 3rd, but Picazu and Manu_S had more Battlelog?

I think it was a good system, all in all.

I felt very bad because I spent the whole tournament double critting people with random volleys, and destroyed squadrons I shouldnt have

It's because you won with dice luck instead of skill; I feel the same way every time I roll snake eyes on the Crit chart and blow something up in one shot which would have survived otherwise.

Zebo rolled snake eyes on a nuclear crit vs one of my cruiser squadrons... talk about chain explosions, but yeah, the day was weird. For a first timer, FSA events are very fun, and not filled to the brim with tryhard 40kids

It seems you all had a good tournament day!! :D

Pity I was unable to participate this time. Still painting my Directorate fleet (want to finish painting it before moving into my Terquai, Terran or Sorylian/Veydreth fleets) It was good to see a Sorylian victory, but wait!.... no Aquan, No Spiders? :blink:

On 1/8/2016 at 10:10 PM, Zebo said:

P. S: It's Hawker Industries with Terquai allies, not Terran with Terquai. My business of hemp-made sunglases will make me the richest lord of the galaxy! 

Edited and corrected!

Yeah, Snake Eyes on a Nuclear crit, one cruiser destroyed and the hole squadron damaged... and that was all for me in that game. 

Not enough for the game, but enough for me xD