draco84oz

OSO Unboxing - Patrol and Reinforcement

It might be possible to heat up some water and dip the fins in there to give them a slight bend. Be a lot of work considering how many corvettes you get per box, but might be worth looking into. But yeah I'm glad I got 12 corvettes when they were pewter for the same reason... even though they were straight and I had to bend them all into a curve.

50 minutes ago, Presidente said:

Only one small, seems very restrictive:huh:

One model, but three options (in the current document) - torpedoes, assault robot torpedo cyber weapons, or bigger batteries with a PD boost. 

16 hours ago, Commodore Jones said:

From the looks of the pictures everything is in resin, so we're stuck with the ugly straight fin-style quarter-rings on the corvettes?

Makes me glad I got the metal ones when I did, I wouldn't want to try bending resin to get them looking decent.

Yep, all resin...

The corvette fins aren't exactly straight, they have a slight bend in them, but I agree it isn't an improvement :(

And the corvettes are much bigger as the old ones, about twice the volume I guesstimate.

2 hours ago, Chief Mutt said:

Agree that I'm glad I got my 2 squads of corvettes long ago!  I still need to get my hands on a second old sculpt Auditor.

I think they're still available via the online store. Where you are in the world may determine if that's viable or not for you. 

The fact that the rules are not yet released is irritating, yes, and I won't buy any of the new models before they have rules (but maybe when they finally do have rules). But I have to disagree that the models in the boxes are incomplete. I am sure it was a design choice to further differentiate them from the rest of the fleet which is a good idea. That the result is not to the taste of many of us (including me) is a different thing. I think it is really nice of Spartan Games that they make the "missing" parts available separately so that we can customize our models.

Now, Spartan, if we could just have those rules, that would be great! :)

1 hour ago, Botticelli said:

I am sure it was a design choice to further differentiate them from the rest of the fleet which is a good idea. That the result is not to the taste of many of us (including me) is a different thing.

I totally agree. :)

That was a good idea and the result isn't bad, but suffer the comparison with a full ring, saddly.