Sign in to follow this  
WestAustralian

Planetfall Quick Faction Guide

Hi all,

I usually haunt FSA and Taskforce, recently accidentally bought some Planetfall, just to paint.... We all know where that goes...

Now I am looking at collecting a Faction, paintability is my usual drive. But in order to have something I could play, I would like a quick run down on the Factions. I searched but could not find. 

Things like Fast/Slow, Numerous/Elite, Shooty/Brawlers etc

Any help gratefully received 

WA

Well I have not had many games but I'll give you my take.

Relthoza used to be pretty powerful but have (in my opinion) hit with the nerf bat a little to hard. They used to be tough and long range with lots of options but now it looks like close quickly and swarm is your best bet.

Dindrenzi seem to be about mobile mid range fire.

Directorate seem to go for lots of smaller fast units with tough infantry and has a beast of a Leviathan. Also lots of "dirty tricks".

Terran have shorter range guns but lots of shield so are on the move a lot.

Sorylians are the snipers. Extra good at long range. Guns not as good at short range.

Aquans are really fast. They like Lasers and Pulse guns. They smell really bad and nobody likes them because they are jerks.

I think the Sorylians are more combined arms then snipers. They have a lot of units that have better long range then short range (although this is partially offset by their racial special rule), they do have a lot of short range units with a lot of punch. They also can bring a lot more heavy infantry then most races.