Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

Shoutout to your favorite units

Hey guys, forums have been a bit quiet lately - a bit sad to see that, so I am getting back in the mood for some gaming! Share some tales of your favorite KoB units and how (in)famous they are on the battlefield. My own personal hall of fame:

• NAVAL: The Tribal Cruiser squadron, especially attached with a Dominion. They are durable, solid units and throw out good firepower throughout the game. Their best moment was when they prized a Vauban. Well worth the 75/80 points.
  • ARMORED: The Royal Oak Landship. Massive Piercing turret that can fire in all directions, Guardian 3, 12" (2) is superb. Redoubtable. Expert Spotter. Daaaayuumn....
  • AERIAL: Gotta be the Halifax, these Heavy Bombers always perform as intended - whether unleashing hell on whats below them, or acting as bullet magnet because the opponent knows how much hell they can unleash. Either way its good! 

What are some of yours? 

For me it is Ruler,  Lord Hood and Merlin. If used with care, they often get back their points in the actual orbat. Theese units are quite fast for KoB and make little use of torpedos, punishing people for making anti lists against KoB. I also like the operational assets units and all types of allies, because they synergize well with KoB.

Naval - Lord Hood. Fast, Shooty. and can be a wonderful distraction for the rest of your fleet.  

Aerial - Halifax.. Plenty of Boom, and their own CAP 

Land - Royal Oak Landship

I totally love the Majesty Dreadnought. It is a brutal hammer of a ship. One day I will actually remember to use the guardian shield to protect my destroyers as well! 

Second favourite is specifically a full squadron of Tribals with a Dominion attached. What a brutal hammer of a squadron!

Honestly, there is actually not a single unit that i dislike with Britannians :D I even love my Eagle!

My favourites would be as follows:

Naval: Stalwart destroyers, they've never let me down in a game. Typically blowing something of value clear out of the water then taking much more punishment than they've any right taking.

Aerial: Halifax, another unit that draws a lot of firepower but refuses to die.  Also tends to finish off expensive things.

Armoured: never actually played a game but appearance wise the foxhound is very cool.