Sign in to follow this  
Xerkics

Terran ship from page 12 in main book?

The Templar Heavy Cruiser, a fine looking starship.  I am so happy to have a squadron of 3.  I much prefer it's look to the Hauberk, although the current Heavy Cruiser stats are more inline with the newer model.

I've always been disappointed with the Apollo.  Back in V1.x I saw it as a secondary class battleship that is at best supporting/used-in-tandem-with a Razorthorn, not a stand-alone battleship.  Now my superior RB2 optimized Razorthorns have been force-ably questionably "upgraded" to Apollo (sub)standards. Now my only RB2 optimized battleship is an overpriced, mismatched-ability, design-by-committee nightmare that needs light frigate accompaniment to make it worthwhile.  At least I still have Hawker to provide decent battleships to my Terran fleets now, otherwise they'd sit in the case and never see the light of day.

Ha, just searching for these myself and I'm surprised to see this topic(coincidence), seems I'm not the only one. Just getting back into the game(yet to get a game, seems its dried up in my area :( ) , using the old models before I invest ££'s. Not to sure I want to now tbh, as seems a lot of the original ships have long gone. Gutted the Templar class was disscontinued and from above info down graded, not overly a fan of some of the new look terran cruisers. Been looking for the Templar class for 2-3? years now on ebay and likewise sites. Never seen them, lucky I have a squadron of 3 myself.  

Does anyone else kinda dislike how the Templar looks? Cause to me it's a shoe with engines.

Then again, I don't own any Hauberks either. Maybe it's a preference thing but I find myself trying to write lists with the heavy cruisers and ending up scratching them out for something else. Like a Tyrant, or some of those fancy new-fangled light cruisers.

The "Heavy" Cruisers aren't bad, just very specialized.  No one likes these things shunting into their Rear Arc; ideally they Nuke one target, and give a full broadside to another squadron.  3x 9AD into anything's Rear Arc is a bad day.