Manu_S

Where are the Alliance Core Helix?

We probably won't see nor hear anything until after the new Halo game is launched for a bit; esp considering the production issues Spartan has had over the last few months. Would be foolish of them to load their plate up too heavy all at once (Halo coming because its likely tied to deadlines set in accordance with the trademark owning company and delays would prove harming to their relationship there). 

From what I've seen of Beth reporting they are getting up to speed worker wise which means production gets up to speed which means releases come "soon" :)

Talked to Spartan Neil at Gencon. He mentioned a release soon of the alliance races. He is hoping December but more likely in January. He didn't sound sure but I hope so!

22 hours ago, Big_0 said:

Talked to Spartan Neil at Gencon. He mentioned a release soon of the alliance races. He is hoping December but more likely in January. He didn't sound sure but I hope so!

December or January? Soon? This must be a joke... These Allied Core Helix were announced on their blog on March 24th. They were saying that new models will be seen at Salute (so in april if i'm right), and now they tell us we have to wait until next year? Crazy. It means 8 or 9 months without any PF release, maybe the game won't survive... Actually, I'm pretty sure that a lot of players won't wait that long and will just stop playing SG games. It's a pity.

And what's the point about release dozens and dozens of boxes in the first year and then almost nothing in the second? That makes no sense at all...

I really hope for them that Halo games provide us tons of money because they won't get much from DW/FA/PF players for the months to come.

Thats exactly my point. With multiple releases planned from the competition I think spartan should invest some time in their own IP. Otherwise most of their own games will be dead or dieing. 

1 hour ago, child9 said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure that a lot of players won't wait that long and will just stop playing SG games. It's a pity.

The keyword is "temporarily". ;)

To be honest, we have all the main helixes for the core factions, and it must be said they are six of them. That's still quite something. Sure, you don't buy new models, rather complete what you have or starting another army.

Still quite some time before a new wave, I agree. But honestly, would you think of something else with Halo Ground Command coming out? It was obvious Spartan Games doesn't have all the workforce needed to follow all their product lines at once. It's not for nothing they had to leave Uncharted Seas.

So this time frame is actually looking coherent, to me. Not satisfying at all, sure, but coherent. I'd rather have a coherent company than a crazy one saying dates completely impossible to fulfill.

26 minutes ago, Magarch said:

The keyword is "temporarily". ;)

To be honest, we have all the main helixes for the core factions, and it must be said they are six of them. That's still quite something. Sure, you don't buy new models, rather complete what you have or starting another army.

Still quite some time before a new wave, I agree. But honestly, would you think of something else with Halo Ground Command coming out? It was obvious Spartan Games doesn't have all the workforce needed to follow all their product lines at once. It's not for nothing they had to leave Uncharted Seas.

So this time frame is actually looking coherent, to me. Not satisfying at all, sure, but coherent. I'd rather have a coherent company than a crazy one saying dates completely impossible to fulfill.

I'm not sure of that. There are so many games on the market that it is easy to leave one and never go back to it. I'm afraid that with almost one "dead year", a lot of players will change their minds and play to something else.

The lack of new miniatures isn't really the problem here. We often have more than what we need to play, and new players have a lot of choice if they want to start an army. The problem is the total absence of news, of life. Right now the game is like dead, and it's the same for FA and DW. Look at the forums. Apart from Halo sections, there is nothing. Oh, excuse me, there is something, people complaining on PF/DW/FA sections... The less support there is, the less people talk about the game, the less people play and the less people buy, all this looks like a bad calculus to me.

I love SG but there is nothing to defend here. What they do is bad. Lauching tons of games while forsaking other ones is stupid. What's the point in getting new customers from the Halo franchise if you lose those who buy your core games (FA/DW/PF)? I really don't get it.

And I don't even believe in that december/january release... Unfortunately, Spartan Games has a strong habit in not respecting its own schedule...