Sign in to follow this  
Chancer

Steel Grinder 24 Hour Gaming

A Wargames Challenge

About 2 years ago to raise funds for the Army Benevolent Fund we held a 24 hour gaming session. See the linked video.

I once again feel the itch for similar event, but would like to throw down an open challenge to other gamers especially in the DW community.

The Goal

To raise funds for a charity of your choice by playing Dystopian Wars (or any other game) for  24 hours non stop. I think an event like this should not only be tactically challenging but  mentally and physically as well. That way its adds value and worth to the sponsorship.

The Organisation

Deeside Defenders can provide a venue for the games should that be desired. Or there could be, at least, a coordinated  effort to play the games accross the UK during a specific month. As my previous opponent is less keen on doing this again. I am looking for some one a bit mental or (a team of guys) to face across an at least 6" x 24" table in a fully combined arms 24 hour battle. If any one else would like to host that would be great as well

At this stage I'm just putting out feelers. Your thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

But if its for a good cause, why not lets see how hard we can push our selves as wargamers?

My previous 24 hour game

2 hours ago, Veldrain said:

Honestly I never thought about an endurance event.

Its well worth doing as there a so few way Wargamers can justify being sponsored for a charity.

Choose some thing you believe in supporting, like a veterans charity and go for it.