Nicoli17

Nicoli's Hawker, Terrans and other builds

So had my first attempt at the srs this morning. 

I'm not really that happy, they are alot smaller than I realised and I don't have a fine enough brush for the details so have just had to go with a basic colour on them for now 

DSC_0001_16.jpg

Ideally am basing them on the vipers and raptors from BSG. So white and red for the fighters and a browny / gold for the bombers. 

But atm they have to just stay white and yellow with a wash until I pick up a fine detail brush

They look great done up in the same scheme as the rest of your fleet.  

Sorry to hear about your difficulties with brushes.  I've become an evangelist for Windsor&Newton brushes, pretty easy to find through a number of distributors online.  They're pricey, but the quality is worth it.  

I was considering doing it, but I quickly decided against it since I have 6 fleets and it would become a ton of names, and I suck at making up names. 

If I where to name them though, I would simply paint or draw the name on the base, preferably with some marker pen that works on plastic. 

It really depends on how fancy you'd like to get with this.

At the easy end of the spectrum is a label printer, or even printing them out on paper and affixing to the base with lacquer.

Mid-range includes printing your own decals (you run the decal paper through a normal printer), or dry transfer/decal lettering that you customize yourself.

...and high end would be to laser etch into 1mm acrylic tags that you could then glue to the base.