Presidente

Forum new look

2 minutes ago, Kapitan Montag said:

Yeah ...what's that about? 

Layout seems a bit clunky but maybe I'll get used to it.

shame that they took the links at the top of the page to spartan's main page too. Seem like they've lost a branded look and just picked up a really bland theme. 

Yes I use this as my home page for Spartan. Now I need to open a new window. Still I like the Layout.

Not an improvement at all....the new forum is MUCH slower. It takes ages to load new page or post a comment.

I have also been using this my home page for Spartan and I am really missing links to other Spartan pages (shop, main page etc.).

Hate the new spacing between lines...if I want spaces I just make them. It is hard to keep things organised with these ridiculous spaces.

EDIT: Took 30s. to save and post this comment.

Hi all, thanks for all your comments on the changed forum. We are actually in the process of a large upgrade, which will take care of all of the spam issues we've been having lately, along with various other 'tidying-up' bits and pieces. We hoped this would be a one-day change, and we'd be able to tell you all about it yesterday, but unfortunately it's taken a little longer than expected (blame our steam-driven internet if you like!). This is why the forum is running a little slower than usual, but please rest assured it will soon be back up to normal speed. We will let you all know when the upgrade is complete. :)

Beth, is there any reason why several of the notification options are locked so that we can not turn them off?  Getting an email every single time someone messages me just means Spartan gets added to the email-delete list.

Is this a new version of IPBoards? Layout is pretty, but its actual colors and design are a bit meh. You should (and by should I mean that I think you should not that you necessarily actually should) get someone to do the CSS for you- you've got a lot of cool settings with a lot of cool backgrounds, I'm sure anything beyond IPBoards default that they come up with would be rockin'.

I will say, the mobile view is trash- I've been using Desktop view on my phone, but with this version I can't seem to disable it.

Varnos (one of our key DW posters and keeper of the new updated Nail cards) is having problems since the upgrade.  He can't reply to conversations and is resorting to using a temp account now to contact me.

I told him to clear his cookies and cache, but I think it may be something tied to the forum upgrade.

Varnos (one of our key DW posters and keeper of the new updated Nail cards) is having problems since the upgrade.  He can't reply to conversations and is resorting to using a temp account now to contact me.

I tried to PM Spartan directly, but it appears the PM issue is not working correctly as I'm getting errors about filling out a form though the forum is completely filled out.

I told him to clear his cookies and cache, but I think it may be something tied to the forum upgrade.

Hi BigB (and anybody else that's experiencing problems or glitches) please feel free to email beth@spartangames.co.uk with details of any problems you're having and we'll get onto our support team to fix them. Unfortunately the upgrade was necessary in order to fix the spam problem we were having, which hopefully has now gone (fingers crossed!) but we definitely don't want to replace one problem with another.

@Veldrain I've fixed the notification options so that members should be able to personalise or turn off all options, and the default settings are for notifications to pop up on your notification list - not via email. Hopefully that should solve your problems.

@Hive We're working on it!

@BigB Varnos' account has now been fixed so he should be back up and online soon.

@Bessemer We are working with the forum support team to fix this. As always, this marvellous technology stuff hasn't quite gone to plan! Now that we've done the upgrade however, it should be easier to resolve this.

18 hours ago, gr1mdan said:

Working fine for me. It looks nice and clean. Overall, I prefer this to the old version.

Same here. And it feels more "professional" to me.

Hope this could defeat the spam problem.

5 hours ago, Yamaguchi said:

Same here. And it feels more "professional" to me.

Hope this could defeat the spam problem.

I am interested what parts mark it out as more professional?  The old forum was well branded, featured a prominent logo, and had a handy link direct to Spartan's main site.  This version really has none of those things and just as much spam.  I also do not see a noticeable improvement in the posting/editing functionality, user galleries, or really anything.