Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Archemios

Foreign Legion?

Hello, new here.  Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum, but I have a question that's been gnawing at me.  I'm painting my RoF Legionnaires up as Legion Etrangere and I was just curious if the French Foreign Legion exists in the alternate timeline of the Dystopian World?  I understand that the Republique's military is small and elite, and that the Republique (like all factions) is fuelled by patriotism and national pride, so I can see how even a single Legion of foreigners might not be feasible. 

So just for fluff purposes, does the Republique have a Foreign Legion?  Do they allow recruits from their overseas provinces or allied nations?  Political refugees?  Just curious and not sure where to post this.  Additionally, do any other governments have similar military bodies besides the CoA?

Thank you,

Archemios

The Foreign Legion? Yes, they do exist, and are part of the Reserve Army. They have both Armoured and Infantry regiments, but I also remember seeing somewhere that the Foreign Legion also provides garrisons (i.e. marines) for the Heavy Assault units - the French Landships and Mobile Airfields. If that's so, then those units would be trained in boarding actions and the use of jetpacks.

And yes, they do allow for recruits to come from anywhere, although the majority come from French-speaking countries.

Apart from the Legion and the CoA, though, i don't think many other nations have "foreign" troops - the EotBS citizens of Dutch decent in the East Indies who fight for them, I'd say most mercenary groups have international recruitment (nominally), 

Yes, here's an old piece of Dystopian Wars fluff I've found online:

Although France does not possess an overseas empire, the Foreign Legion accepts recruits from all over the world and moulds them into a unique and elite fighting force.

The Prussian Empire is meant to have non-Prussians and even non-Germans in its ranks, isn't it? From the various Central European states they've absorbed - but maybe that doesn't exactly count.

I understand the Britannian Raj in India is treated as an Allied Faction in DW but in a sense we could also see that being a source of "foreign" troops.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.