Sign in to follow this  
rabidfox50

Fan Fiction? Anyone creating stories for their fleets?

I am working on a story or three for my Terrans and Xelocians and was wondering if anyone else is thinking or has written any on theirs. I am no writer but I do like to muse a bit. Maybe we could have a pinned thread dedicated to some fan fiction? 

Thoughts? 

There have been a few of us doing that sort of thing in the Terran Forums over the last few months. Quite fun and inspirational.

I highly recommend Anulovios' SCA 253 thread. Very detailed and and entertaining. I really need to update my thread.

There's a few over on my blog; my Terrans and August Doumerc's Dindrenzi both have some background material on them there. Looking to add to it over the coming months based on various games and campaigns we'll be playing.

There have been a few of us doing that sort of thing in the Terran Forums over the last few months. Quite fun and inspirational.

I highly recommend Anulovios' SCA 253 thread. Very detailed and and entertaining. I really need to update my thread.

Thank you for the shameless plug! I appreciate the complements.

I don't wander outside the Terran or Dindrenzi threads very much but here are the Terran ones that came out in a barrage. All are worth reading:

MikeMedallion's Holt Systems Navy --Don't blame me, he started it.

Jupjupy's Ceran Defense Force

ChibiPotatoes' Zeskylia System R&D Alliance Fleet

DanSG-19's SCA-75

On the Dindrenzi side August Doumerc's thread from a while ago on the Corsica Grandis Defence Fleet is an enjoyable read, especially if you like the stylistic writing. There was another rebel thread that I loved from last year but I can't seem to find it now. If anyone has good recommendations for writings on other races, I'd love to read them!

The Directorate has a thread for corporation names.

My own Directorate I started painting along Battletech Cloud Cobra clan scheme while planning on doing Works Raptor as Star Adder. For Planetfall I haven't decided between Hell's Horses or Steel Vipers.

I went this direction because Battletech was my first tabletop game, and there were a few local hats that would recognize the efforts. But I also looked at it from a business standpoint, and if I was building an army to sell, then the Clanners would be a good model with genetic manipulation and building whole lots of troops in groups from a single pairing instead of the slower natural way.

I was also going to spin them as a "security group" who still had contracts in most of known space to justify counter-League games.

My local shop closed up around the time my job was downsized, though, and I haven't had the energy to make a hell drive to the next good Firestorm locale.

Nothing on established Firestorm races, but I have been working on creating my own entirely new Firestorm races, mainly as a way to incorporate some of the many non-Spartan spaceship miniatures I have into the game.

I've doodled some background but it's not very focused so I've never shared it. System and navy composition write ups seem to be very popular, or more narrative after action reports. I'm more interested in narrative than world building.