Jump to content

We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

Bad habbit

Newbie rules quistion's

Recommended Posts

Ahh...Okay, so this could for an exsample be my main turret and me broadside if l have arc of fire, Line of sight...

The rules says that a fleet have 2 free tiny flyer wings between 3-5 models in a wing, at No additionel point cost.

Would you NOT allways choose 2 wings with 5 models in each wing? Way thoose a wing with less models than 5.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Local air support is not 2 free squadrons, it is up to 10 wings that can be arranged in squadrons of 3 to 5 wings and is desired a single recon wing.

So you can do one of the following config :

5+5 / 5+4+1 / 4+3+3 / 3+3+3+1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

None of those attacks get active defense against them. AA is only against rockets and SAS and CC is only against torpedoes.

If you had a ship with multiple rocket weapons that linked together you would link all of the fire as per normal and then the AA would go against the single combined shot and remove hits the same as if it was a single (non linked) weapon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TFT means tiny flyers, isnt that correct?

a tiny flyer wing consisting of 5 models, 3 in front and 2 in the back, have the oppetunity to make combined fire. does it mean that they could put of of their ACK ACK dice, or of their AD in one pool so they could hit hard. for an exsample 5 planes x 3 attack dice each = 15 AD in one roll.

If I want to Shoot at the tiny flyers, I have read that I could use ACK ACK against them if they are within 8", do I have other options / that I can shoot at them with? maybe at a greater distance? main turrets from ships, Guns, rocket batteries, tesla coils an so on....

Who much does the tiny flyers cost in points, I cant find it?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only AckAck can target SAS - nothing else can damage them.  Usually this means an 8" range when attacking them.

SAS do combine their attacks, this usually means you get 5, 10, 15 dice depending on the attack type.

SAS do have a point cost and you can not buy them.  You get 10 with your LAS and each carrier brings a set amount.

They have valid formations of 3-5 models or single recons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Veldrain said:

Only AckAck can target SAS - nothing else can damage them.  Usually this means an 8" range when attacking them.

SAS do combine their attacks, this usually means you get 5, 10, 15 dice depending on the attack type.

SAS do have a point cost and you can not buy them.  You get 10 with your LAS and each carrier brings a set amount.

They have valid formations of 3-5 models or single recons.

Just something to note: SAS only have a 4" range on their AA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

on thursday I will play my first game of dystopian wars, 1000 points against a friend, and I am playing the FSA.

I will try to have some different things in my fleet, to try it out like ships, flyers on so on...

And now my quistion.. is it legale to take the " The Black Wolf / captain Vladimir Nikonov`s Submersible" ( Mercenary Russian Coalition) as an ally in my FSA fleet, off course with attention to the MFV, percentage restrictions on so on.. we are playing the 1.1 edition.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎01‎-‎08‎-‎2016 at 8:11 AM, Bad habbit said:

on thursday I will play my first game of dystopian wars, 1000 points against a friend, and I am playing the FSA.

I will try to have some different things in my fleet, to try it out like ships, flyers on so on...

And now my quistion.. is it legale to take the " The Black Wolf / captain Vladimir Nikonov`s Submersible" ( Mercenary Russian Coalition) as an ally in my FSA fleet, off course with attention to the MFV, percentage restrictions on so on.. we are playing the 1.1 edition.

Can anybody help me ? I have read that you MUST take one capital class squadron, and one non- capital class squadron, if you make use of allied fleets... is there a place where I can find the stats, for all the allied troops in  1.1 edition. in the rulebook there is only stats for the kingdom of britannia, prussian empire, federated states of America, empire of the blazing sun, but where can i find the republique of france, russian coalition, and the others......

 

cheers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why don't you play the actual 2.0 rules? The rulebook and all stats are available for free.

 

The old 1.1 stats were released on statcards that came with the models or in books and booklets.  Some of the old 1.1 battle groups contained booklets with fluff and stats (the factions not contained in the rulebook). And a lot of stats are in the books Hurricane Season, Storm of Steel and Operation Scirocco. Some of the newer factions do not have 1.1 stats (e.g. BW, RAJ)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bad habbit said:

The FSA Boston Attack submarine has a squardron support of (FSA, Turtle Assault Submarine 6)

The turtles doesnt have any weapons and since they are support I think that they give bonusses to AD to the boston submarine? or what is the idea with these turtles?

Squadron Support means that the model supplies the extra models, in a similar way that carriers provide planes, except for the model being unable to resupply during the battle.

The mini-subs are used for boarding assaults and/or running interference against small vessels

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Nazduruk_Bugzappa said:

Squadron Support means that the model supplies the extra models, in a similar way that carriers provide planes, except for the model being unable to resupply during the battle.

The mini-subs are used for boarding assaults and/or running interference against small vessels

Thanks Nazduruk, now it make sense to me.

the 6 turtle assault submarines shall they be in a tight formation like tiny flyers ( eks 3 in front, and 3 in the back), or can they spredt out, with x-inch to each other? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.