darksied

this is getting ridiculous

All significantly squishier than I expected- very... Interesting? Looks like they really tried to approximate the rules of the Armada stats- will be interested to see what they do with some of the moee unusual ships- Banes come to mind immediately

I think the fact that we haven't seen a sudden upsurge in discussions given the new stats out is a little troubling. Anyone have any feedback?

We tested the new stats last Monday. Terran vs Relthoza. Well, in the end there was not much left of my Relthozas. The Terrans are brutal.

For The Relthoza the costs for the frigates do not fit: 25 for the light and 20 for the Drone.. And if you are not lucky for your rolls the. Ships are weaker than the Terrrans, despite cloak.

Hahnc will upload our battle rep soon on the Die grüne Horde youtube channel.

Thrid game with Relthoza in Taskforce, this time against the Xelocians.

All I can say is: wow, this game is completely unbalanced!!!!!!!!!

We played 800 p, my opponend fielded two cruiser and two frigate squadons. I fielded a bane, heavy and light cruisers and light frigates.

First round my heavys were gone, second the loght cruisers... They fell like flies., and I could not say I had especially bad luck. I think this was the last Relthoza game in Taskforce. It is ridiculous

After all it simply does not work to copy the Armada stats to play Taskforce, as Spartan did.

On 6/12/2016 at 4:33 PM, Samu said:

Thrid game with Relthoza in Taskforce, this time against the Xelocians.

All I can say is: wow, this game is completely unbalanced!!!!!!!!!

We played 800 p, my opponend fielded two cruiser and two frigate squadons. I fielded a bane, heavy and light cruisers and light frigates.

First round my heavys were gone, second the loght cruisers... They fell like flies., and I could not say I had especially bad luck. I think this was the last Relthoza game in Taskforce. It is ridiculous

After all it simply does not work to copy the Armada stats to play Taskforce, as Spartan did.

What happened? Are Xelocian ships that good?

I played the xelocians in that game, and I don't think they are that goos.

I just used the recon Group to my full Advantage.

With a recon Group I could set up after his battlegroup was set up, and therefore concentrate on one side, which did cost him the heavy crusiers.

the main diffrence to Armada is that in Armada you can come back with one squadron lost, in Taskforce may Advantage got bigger and bigger, and in round two Ihad killed the light cruisers and hurt the frigates, I ignored his battleship,

This is not necessarily related to the activation. It is more like first blood defines the winner.

One comment on hanhcs post:

the Xelocians may not have the uber-stats, but they have beam on all (?) weapon systems, which is by far the strongest weapon in the game.

With the forced re-roll I basically killed my ships myself. In contrast bio or corrosive are very weak, as they only give hazard markers and these only under certain circumstances.

I'm kind of wondering about this, myself. This was, like a big deal, right? Spartan's own staff seemed super hyped, and while the release provided some awesome stuff for Armada, Taskforce itself seems to be dead before it started. I realize there was a lot of pushback on the Armada forums and a lot of negativity here (I know I'm guilty, but I did at least try to temper my thoughts with some constructive rationale and praise what the rules seemed to do right...) but did that kill hype for the game that badly? Spartan hasn't even gotten/taken the chance to prove us wrong, with as little as we've seen so far.

Taskforce is not dead, but it may eternal lie. 

While there was chatter, negative and positive, at the game release. None of the negative chatter could kill the game.

The biggest holdbacks are Spartan's poor decision to not put the Rules online and producing the unusual starter sets. The missing parts for the T2 squadron was more damaging than they predicted. Without the rules and stats to review, lots of players held back. So that's how it started out wrong. 

The reason why the game is still asleep, well that's because we don't have enough to talk about. That's why all we discuss is that we have nothing to talk about  

So what should Spartan Do?

IMHO  Spartan needs to get the rules up online. Also the stats need to go up too. 

It would be nice to see a squadron upgrade set available through the Spartan store too

rant end....

WA

Its only dead if we let it die.

If someone is going to GenCon, could they please press Spartan for a solid timeframe as to when the rules and stats for both Taskforce and Fleet Action will be complete and downloadable.

I have tried to be a proponent for their games, and have done so for some time, because the games are well designed, and the miniatures are excellent. But it is getting harder and harder to be a proponent when it appears that the company is not interested in their own systems. And that is the impression they're giving.

Hell, I've cursed GW for less!

Taskforce, like the rest of the Firestorm universe, seems forgotten. The Firestorm Universe needs the attention of a full time manager at Spartan. I would guess that it may be too late for that now, global sales of Firestorm Games have probably slipped quite badly by now. Spartan would need to take a chance on its customers and inject some serious effort into the games.