darksied

this is getting ridiculous

Look guys I know writing rules takes time and I don't expect stats for every ship in every fleet right away.  But it's been almost 3 months since the game came out, I've played several dozen games with the 2-player starter models, I'd like to play more games but I'm burnt on using a tiny fleet of three different ships results and I'm sure i'm not alone.  Even if all you give us is stats for ships in the standard patrol fleets for now, we NEED more choices for taskforce to not die on the vine...

Totally Agree Darksied.

For a game designed for faster games with bigger fleets, we sure have small fleets.

We can't use the Taskforce Battlegroup only Recon Battle Groups. Surely Spartan Playtested some of the T1's before releasing Taskforce. Btw I bet we see these hexes in FSA 3.0, linking to Taskforce and Planetfall

To quote page 11 of the rule book:

"We have included a sample set of narrative battle groups on our website....."

Also on Page 3 they refer to the Firestorm Taskforce 2016 Tournament Guide PDF

I don't expect a full set of fleet guides right away. But surely there are one or two more stat cards available for each race

WA

I feel the same. I'd like to get my group into Firestorm, and for various reasons, Task Force is the only way that's going to happen. However, without variety in fleet building, i don't see that happening any time soon.

It is starting to look like Spartan has too much on its plate.

I really hope they can manage everything they have created.

Honestly I am stunned that we have not seen rules for other existing Ships. Surely at least some of them were play tested in the creation of Taskforce.

Even just offering some T1's would let everyone use Battle Groups rather than Recon Groups

Spartan Beth has said in another thread that SG has recently been hit with a fast unexpected reduction in staff (IE a lot of people moved to other jobs, it happens).  This has seriously held up shipping so I imagine it's hit EVERY facet of their operation, including rules.  They are hiring as fast as they find qualified people, but it's still going to cause a delay across the board.

There's been no news for F:TF since the release. It's clear the issue is more than someone leaving in the last week or two at this point. I choose not to make cynical guesses as to why that is, but the damage has been done.

There's been no news for F:TF since the release. It's clear the issue is more than someone leaving in the last week or two at this point. I choose not to make cynical guesses as to why that is, but the damage has been done.

The issue appears to not be one but multiple. Seeing as everyone at Spartan HQ seems to be overflow production crew, the loss of 3+ main production crew could cause serious delays elsewhere.

The issue appears to not be one but multiple. Seeing as everyone at Spartan HQ seems to be overflow production crew, the loss of 3+ main production crew could cause serious delays elsewhere.

Exactly.  Reading between the lines of the statement, it looks like this isn't in the past week, more like a month +, so it will affect every facet of SG.

Spartan Beth has said in another thread that SG has recently been hit with a fast unexpected reduction in staff (IE a lot of people moved to other jobs, it happens).  This has seriously held up shipping so I imagine it's hit EVERY facet of their operation, including rules.  They are hiring as fast as they find qualified people, but it's still going to cause a delay across the board.

It's better to know the reason behind it. As long as it does come out eventually, I'm happy. I just hope there isn't any long-term damage to the TF product line. I have very little experience with Spartan Games, but the little i have has told me they are a great company, I'm just anxious to get a hold of those stats!

The only game Spartan has lost is Uncharted and their first game which no one even recalls the name of. What tends to happen; at least in the past when Dystopian wars took off in a big way; is that things slow down and news gets a bit more erratic. In general I think Niel really has a passion for his company and not just making money; but the reality is that the latter has to happen to allow the first to exist. 

You can see it in interviews that Niel really wants to be game-side of development and I think given a larger budget would hire a manager to do the day to day office work and book balancing and let him be in the rule and creative teams more so. 

Spartan has come a long way with their casting; comparing something from, say Planetfall to their early Uncharted models the difference is night and day with casting and detailing. I think most of their fans are strong because they see such great potential; and because Spartan is filling a niche that is hither too mostly ignored by the "big names". 35mm or thereabouts is what most are chasing and Spartans only real competition is Hawk Wargames (who are ironically at least in part former Spartan employees - or at least the head is) and I think the market can more than take two leading companies. 

Just gotta cross fingers that Spartan can overcome this short term staffing issue 

SG used to have minis in heroic greek as well as Invasion which is now Planetfall. There was talk afew years back about a relaunch of the greek line as a starter box with creatures to follow.........so who knows at some point something may happen. Still kinda miss the mass armor action of Invasion.

Realistically speaking, the first objective should be releasing Taskforce stats for the Patrol Fleet boxes, especially the Cruisers and Frigates.  First the big 6, then the Support and Mercenary Fleets.  Then start doing the box sets in groups, all the Destroyers in one go, then do Battlecruisers, etc.

This spreads out the enjoyment and keeps the interest in the game even while doing very little in the modeling group.

Task Force games would really lend themselves to Convoy Raiding and Protection games, for example.  So having civilian transports available as well as the Planetfall ship stats would be a good go as well.

But this is all book work, and properly working things like that in a balanced manner can be a real headache.

Including them in new boxes doesn't really help those who have existing fleets, or are buying models from other places such as private sales or eBay.

I do know of another company that might just try something crazy like that - require us to buy all new models just to get the new stats. But this is not that company - THIS IS SPARTAN!