Sign in to follow this  
Mortier

Mortier Paint Log

I am going to start this log in the hope I can get inspiration and crirtic to complete my Dystopian fleets I will start with the first I have finished.

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

Hope you enjoy and feel free to crtic.

Stu

Thanks for the kind replies. Especially thanks to Von Klinkerhoffen I have a look at a lot of the stuff that you have posted and that tutorial on basing tiny flyers has been greatly appriciated. Here are my cruisers a little note check your matt varnish before you spray it this stuff must have a expiration as I found out to my dismay.So if you see any tiny white dots please forgive.

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

Critic will be most welcome as I am starting on my battle ship.

Stu

Critic will be most welcome as I am starting on my battle ship.

I can't think of anything to critique, to be honest. The Hinomaru in particular look very well done. Are they decals?

I can only hope that mine turn out as well as yours have.

Dorvack.

You may need to post another pic of that Ika; the lighting is such that it doesn't convey the skill with which you painted up your surface fleet. Your frigates and cruisers are awesome, and the detail is really great. Plus I'm a big fan of drybrushing and yours was quite good.

That particular shade of grey-green is cool...how'd you get that colour, if you don't mind sharing? :)

Mortier

Glad that you enjoyed the how to free tiny flyers. The cruisers look good, and like BigB I like your detailing on the funnels and the flags (Hinomaru) painted on the sides.

Sorry to hear about your problem with the matt varnish. Whose did you use?

This may (or may not) remedy the problem, but if you can get hold of some try a light spray of Testors Dullcote (a product of the USA hence the spelling?) which may remedy the issue. Good luck.

Again Thanks for your generous remarks.

Cambrius. The colour used is 15 years old so I dont know if the formula has changed over time but it is Tamiya XF-14 JA Grey. I do not use a dry brush method but a modified layering technic the first coat is applied over a black under coat and is thin one part paint with 4 parts liquidtex flow aid. Give it 2 washes of Devlon mud making sure your brush strokes are in the same direction of water flow up and down in this case. then highlight with the original colour mix.. I like the washed out stain effect it give and you can control the color by the number of layers used if too bright you can wash it again with this time a thinned layer of devlon mud. Hope this is helpful.

Dorvack.The numbers are decals GHQ german armor numeral The flag is painted with a decal roundel. they are bedded in using a softener.

Von Klinkerhoffen. It was army painter ultra matt only around 6 months old. I think I know were I can get my hands on Dullcote locally so I will give that a go thanks.

Still working on my Battle ship hopfully finished by the end of the week.

Dorvack. GHQ is 1/287th scale.

I have attempted to dull down the IKA to try and show some details although it is a one colour paint job,

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

Hope this is better but I use an Australian product for my gloss glass coat I guess its too glosy.

Stu

I promised the battle ship for the weekend but I took my fleet for a game against the Brits love the death by rocket as a result I didnt finish the battleship but I did start my sky force with the following bomber please bear in mind the scheme is only experimental as normal critic is most welcomed.

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

Stu

Thanks to all for the positive replies I am off to work tomorrow so will not be posting for a couple of months ( only do 300th scale at work easier to transport). Will be back posting as soon as I return.

Stu