Magarch

Trouble with Directorate Assault Helix Box

I know, there is a mail for that. I will do it in due time, but this is something that begins to annoy me.

I had quite some boxes missing some components in the past and it's true that it was better for a time. Alas, it changed with the new Directorate Assault Helix box - I found my bases for the big robots and all flamethrowers weapons missing from it.

What is strange is that I'm not alone. I talk to people on a french forum about it and it seems I'm far from being isolated. Other people having bought the Directorate Assault Helix found their flamethrowers missing in the box.

Oh well, guess it happens but it seems it happens (too) often with Spartan Games.

Also took a Directorate Ground Command Helix box and found that one turret for the Punisher drone was missing. But that's isolated, so I believe it's fine. Wait, no it isn't! I want the completed miniatures I bought full price damn it! :D:P;)

So, I have to take pictures of what I received and then send a mail with everything in english and the codes for both boxes, all right. Still, quite annoyed this problem keeps happening even with new products.

Packing is always done in batches as is quality control. It's thus not abnormal for errors to go in a run where one packer forgot something or where an error took place and was repeated for a bunch of orders. Thus its fully realistic to see errors appear in sweeps and for similar retailers or areas to get a similar line of errors because they all got orders from the same batch.

That's why packing numbers are important; it helps the company to say "ahh we are getting a lot of reports from packer 331 about missing parts" they know where the problem is. Or if everyone is getting the same reports then they know something is wrong in their production line or some parts are not getting to packers etc..

I feel your pain. Alas my Terran Assault Helix was missing the main body sections for both of the Hodr light assault bots. The Loki's are great but the poor Hodr's are just a pile of arms and legs. :) I've sent the email to despatch and hopefully the parts are on the way, unfortunately it takes a while for shipping to get to the US. 

Same with my Directorate Assault Helix. I sent them an email as well, but wanted to let you know you aren't the only one. Spartan does reply to every issue I've sent them, but right now I've got 3 separate outstanding issues and it's going to take forever to get this missing stuff delivered to me in the US.

I've got Battlebots showing up on Friday, looks like they're going to be short a weapon pod for the foreseeable future.  Oh well.  I've had a few issues with various boxes over the years from Spartan, but most of them were minor.  Worst was probably no stand connectors for my Directorate Battle Cruisers.  Poor guys had to sit directly on their base for ages while I waited on shipping from the UK (not Spartan's fault, just takes forever for overseas stuff).

A shout out to the OP - thanks! I hadn't even realized I was missing the parts until I saw this post. I guess I would've eventually made the discovery, but having said that, I'd assembled and undercoated and still hadn't noticed. Oh well, another E-mail to Lizzie ...

My experience has been about a 30% miss rate. It's usually just little things like a sky drop marker or one of the the infantry figures, but at the end of the day it is a pretty high occurrence compared to my experiences with other miniature manufacturers. Shipping a little piece of resin all the way to Australia has gotta cost, and when it's 30% of the time, that's gotta add up. Not to mention the annoyance factor - I like to undercoat in one hit to get the best use out of my spray cans. Having to wait for a part to arrive either delays the painting (which is so backed up now that it really is a non-issue) or means I waste spray paint, not to mention the possible delay with putting my new toys on the table.

Having said all that, the minis are some of the best I've come across, and the customer service is top notch, so I'll continue to buy ... ;)

Yep, I was missing the flame throwers on my assault bots. They have been sent out but the wait factor is annoying. I'm am currently running at 1 in 4 boxes from spartan missing something. Not the best strike rate. They do fix it up for you in time but maybe a little more effort in fixing the problem in the first place would be better. And it does seem to be a wide spread problem. Planetfall, Firestorm and Dystopian wars. I have had issues with each...

Yeah, about the same "1 in 4" rate here, over dozens of boxes. This is cray high. And even if customer is top notch, it's a bit annoying...

Moreover, there is something I really don't understand. Isn't that more expensive to deal with clients and send again missing/badly casted pieces than just doing a bit of quality control? That's an honest question, I don't know the answer.

For my end I've gotten many many models from Spartan, and the majority of the problems I've had have been with Planetfall.  I would attribute this to the team remaining very small but the quantity and type of boxes being shipped increasing dramatically.  Prior to getting Planetfall I had one instance out of about a dozen boxes/blisters where there was an issue (Ruler Class BB came w/ the wrong stat card)  With PF that has increased a little bit (one instance of horrid miscast infantry bases and one where my pewter infantry came from the wrong faction)  Which is not that big of a change considering I have bought 12 boxes of various helices.  I think part of it is the first batch seems to have a higher propensity for errors, whereas I tend to get post preorder shipments.

Went to build mine this morning, and there weren't any flamers in the box.  Seems like this probably effects all first-run shipments.  Also found out today that the Ground Command Helix for Directorate that I hadn't gotten around to building yet was missing both of the turret things that the drones are supposed to dock to.