Sign in to follow this  
Farcages

Impact Tournament

Hey,

So we had a tournament in the Netherlands in Eindhoven last sunday. I've written up a little report of my battles on my blog:

http://thomasverkooijen.nl/

A direct link to the report itself.

An overview of all army lists played at the tournament (picture heavy!).

'twas an event with a great atmosphere and a lot of fun all around. I'd especially like to thank the organisation (if you browse this forum, you know who you are!). We had some fun battles, met some new people and had some fantastic demo games to gawk at in the venue as well! Shame the catering was late, but that couldn't stop most of us from playing and eating at the same time!

EDIT: Preview pictures for eyecandy.

Round_One_Deployment.jpg

Round_Two_Banzai.jpg

I'm never going to live that battlecruiser down, am I? The first match was pretty alright. If not for half an inch of movement (silly maneuvering mistake on my part) I would've had maximum points for that scenario. The second match... Well... Honestly, there were at least two or three moments in that match that could've gone either way. Had even one of those moments gone differently, the match would have turned around completely and we would've probably fought each other out of the top three through the Tournament Point penalty for losses. I'm actually happy that NaH2PO4_aq ended up tabling me, that landed him one point in front of the second position and quite frankly it's about time NaH2PO4_aq takes first place at a tournament. The guy's a freaking nightmare (though you'll find it hard to find a gentler person outside of the game).

Shame you couldn't make it, would've been fun. The guys at Hired Guns are going to organise more tournaments though, so there's always next time!

Great reports and nice pictures.

May I ask how do you edit the pictures? What programe do you use and how difficult and time consuming it is?

Also did you use your own mission or those from Ironclad mission pack?

Thank you.

Great reports and nice pictures.

May I ask how do you edit the pictures? What programe do you use and how difficult and time consuming it is?

Also did you use your own mission or those from Ironclad mission pack?

Thank you.

Thanks for the kind words!

I edited the pictures after receiving some advice from Big Mac in this here post. In my particular case I used Photoshop. Can't really recall how much time it took per picture, but I'd hazard it wasn't too much time (10-20 minutes per picture). It helps immensely if you're familiar with the software you're using and get to know some of the shortcuts and tricks, but that might be a bit ambitious if you're starting out with graphics editing.

The missions we used were custom scenario's, though not from the Ironclad pack. The first scenario (with the three objectives) was written by Falconer from these here forums. The second scenario I'm not entirely sure about, but I think was written by the organiser of the tournament. I could try digging up the scenario's and translate them to English if you're interested.