Sign in to follow this  
Rocy7

Schelude for Halo Ground Command petition

Dear Spartan Games

Halo: Ground Command Moving Forwards Following the release of the 2-player starter set, Spartan Games will follow up with a release schedule full of exciting products, allowing gamers to plan their exciting purchases.

Please relase some schelude for Halo Ground Command with at least a month in advance and 3 months ahead so gamers will know what will be and in which order. This allow avoid problems and misunderstandings if for example there will be Battle box for each of the races.

I have to say that this is fairly pointless. They have already said that for now it will be UNSC vs Covenant and that as they move up the timeline through the games more boxes and eventually factions shall be released. The starter set is exactly what is says a 'starter' 'set'. A good starting off point for people to learn the game with two factions out of the box. They have also said that within the release month of the release month of the starter that there will be other boxes with more options. Why not just wait until we see what they are releasing first before asking for there plans which are more then likely still being finalised.

Because it's fairly obvious what they can release; Halo is a shooter game franchise, there's only so much content to miniaturize. They alluded to practically everything the primary two factions have access to in the first game, and the detailed models are all right there from Bungie; it's not like Firestorm or Dystopian where they are inventing whole new designs and renders.

The release teaser is vague like teasers are supposed to be. All the OP wants is the Spartan release timeline, which really isn't that bizarre of a request for a manufacturing company. While the release schedule seems to be pretty fast this year, we're still being forced to be surprised when we have new models to order rather than being able to go "Oh, the Halo starters will be here in a few months, I better set aside X money units to afford the price they pre-set" 

There is actually a massive amount of stuff to miniaturize. All of the games for example have a massive variety of units. Then we have Halo Wars 2 which is coming out so no doubt that'll add new units to the canon. It's fairly substantial to be honest.

It would be nice to know what from release is coming for the first 3 months. However a month is generally all I need to go on. I don't need months to prepare to buy miniatures, although it could help with planning forces. Still, I have faith. As long as it isn't like HFB!

I don't impulse buy, and I only buy into a game once I've had a chance to go through the rules,work out force composition and make a purchase plan based around it. The more barriers a tabletop games company puts between me and achieving these goals- the less likely they are to see any of my money. I'm on the fence about Halo:Ground Command at the moment, its definitely something I'd like to buy into but without more information on the release schedule/price points and a solid outline of the rules I won't be pre-ordering until I've had a chance to play the game. 

Why not just wait until we see what they are releasing first before asking for there plans which are more then likely still being finalised.

Because I need to plan my expenses? When I know when and what will be available I can more rationally spent my money.

By the way there will be more factions.

Since both questions are so similar, I will try to answer them together.

Backwards Compatibility - Why not? There is certainly plenty of scope using the source materials you mention.

The Flood are an important part of the canon historically speaking, as are the Forerunners themselves obviously!..... so looking back is certainly possible. I like the idea of developing the insurrectionists, giving the UNSC an internal struggle to crush...then of course there is the Covenant War to investigate too....so much to do!

I wouldn't expect us to focus too much on the historical timeline pre-Reach in the short and medium terms however.....there is so much to cover in the post-Reach and modern periods first.

As regards more Factions, the speed of these releases will be decided by Microsoft and 343 (its their game). However I would expect the ODST and Sanghelli Ranger armies to be available pre-Xmas, after that .... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: wait and see.

Sadly I cant say much more than that at this point. Secrecy and all that. :huh:;)

Cheers

Derek

Very few companies do the practice of releasing schedules months ahead. It doesn't mean Spartan shouldn't strive to improve but it's simply impractical.

Why?

Because stuff can change in a matter of days and then the whole release has gone out of the window. I'd rather have a solid month ahead (enough time to plan expenses) than a dubious 3 months.

So whilst it would be nice I can't see it happening. Price points for the upcoming releases could be doable though.

@ Dave - Game play videos are in the works but I imagine they'll come out a little closer to the release alongside a big advertising push.

I do not need to know when exacly will be each of box I rather want to know which box with which content I can expect.

For example, if knew before that Commanders update pack will be released I won't be taking core update box for HFB.

For Halo Ground Command I was interesed in diffrent vehicles for both factions, so if for example tank box for UNSC will be relased I want to know in advance that for 2 month players will get combined box with more types of vehicles.

Knowing, what will be in each box and having estimated time will much help in my choices what I want to buy. When I buy something and mont later I saw better option I feel that I do not made the best choice.