Zebo

Starting Embarked

Yes you can with any building in your deployment zone as long as the helix details do not state your infantry must start embarked on something else (ie no grand companies starting in an objective...

Where is that in the rules?

Hi Core and Chrisburn, its in the Orbats within the helix composition table. Cited Terrans in the Core heliox below as an example.

"Hirdmen Light Infantry Cadres. Each Cadre may purchase a Sinir APC for the appropriate points. If the Transport is purchased the Infantry Cadre MUST be deployed embarked upon it." 

Hope this helps! 

Hi Core and Chrisburn, its in the Orbats within the helix composition table. Cited Terrans in the Core heliox below as an example.

"Hirdmen Light Infantry Cadres. Each Cadre may purchase a Sinir APC for the appropriate points. If the Transport is purchased the Infantry Cadre MUST be deployed embarked upon it."

Hope this helps!

Yep I get that. Think core was asking where in the rules it says you can deploy in a objective in your deployment zone. I mearly ask where doesn't it or another way where doea it say you can't.

We have always played that if you can field infanty without having to embark them (Aquans, Sory Hvy Inf) in the original orbats. Then they can deploy in a objective so long as its in your deployment zone.

While no rule says they can there is no mention that it is not possible and they still furfill the required "in the deployment zone"

Honestly cant see the issue with this the alternative is that you deploy next to the building first activation embark it just seems an long winded way of achieving the same thing. I would rather spend activations doing meaningfull stuff.

When rules do not say something can be done that is the safest way to read it. Just becouse it does not say you cannot is a poor reason when it comes to rules and can create problems later. When people start doing weird things since it doesn't say they cannot.

IMO thats a very restrictive way of looking at rules for a game system. Designers cannot be expected to define every situation. In this case the rules are "Must deploy in own deployment zone" check! "Must be in command radius" Also check! "Is able to be inside building" Infantry and new orbats mean no forced transport, so check.

If it was not possible it would require words to that effect. "No Unit may deploy inside an objective" or units may only start the game embarked in thier own tramsports".

When rules do not say something can be done that is the safest way to read it. Just becouse it does not say you cannot is a poor reason when it comes to rules and can create problems later. When people start doing weird things since it doesn't say they cannot.

Something I am sure we can aim to pick up in the next version of PF, however having played the Games Designer multiple times and seen him do it, and that the rules do not explicitly state you cannot, nor do they infer you cannot I don't really see what the argument is here.

If you want every rule and scenario being that explicitly defined then the rule book is going to be a beast of a PDF or real book to lug around. I much prefer the size of the one we have thanks, and I have never ever ever ever (add lots of evers here) had any opponent complain or be surprised by this. 

Occasionally when they have misread their Orbat they are upset, but there is a learning for them, and normally a quick tweak to the list.