We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

TheEveryMan

Hardened Shell

Hello! I had a question about our special rule. It says it applies to Armoured and Leviathan elements. What's an element? Back when it just said Armoured, I took this to mean anything with a LoS Class of Armoured (so, not our infantry, lights, evlevateds or fliers). But Leviathan is not a LoS Class.

In short: Do our Imzanis, Ju Fa Shamis, and Maranas have Hardened Shell?

Thanks in advance!

Good question. I think the intent of the rules was to give it to all Armoured and Elevated LoS classes. It would make more sense, if they restricted the wording to LoS classes, because Ju-Fa-Shamis have a lot of rules with the word Leviathan in them. Yhey even call in a Leviathan in the wording, but if you look at the profile, it's not clear that it's a Leviathan, since it's full name is Battle Walker Ju-Fa-Shami.

Its a little different from what you guys describe, I believe. The rule refers to Armoured and Leviathan elements in the same way that other racial rules do.

For example, the Hawker racial rule refers to Armoured and Aerial elements - but there is no Aerial LoS class, only a Flying one. So really, what it's saying is that any model classified as an Armoured or an Aerial element gets the bonus. If, for example, Hawker got a leviathan with an Armoured LoS class, it would not benefit from the racial rule.

So in the case of Aquans, where Hardened Shell applies to all Armoured and Leviathan elements, this benefit is provided to any model classified as an Armoured or Leviathan one. So yes, the battle walkers would get the bonus.

Would the light tanks get the bonus too? In the orbats they are in the section with the heading "Armoured Helix." Does that make them an armoured element even though they have a light LoS class? 

I'm leaning towards "yes." As has been stated, Aerial and Leviathan are not LoS classes. I think it just so happens Armoured is the name of an element and a LoS class.

Would the light tanks get the bonus too? In the orbats they are in the section with the heading "Armoured Helix." Does that make them an armoured element even though they have a light LoS class? 

I'm leaning towards "yes." As has been stated, Aerial and Leviathan are not LoS classes. I think it just so happens Armoured is the name of an element and a LoS class.

Yes, the light tanks do get the bonus, at least as far as my group has been playing it, since they are under the Armoured Elements.

It's very confusing, because there are rules that apply only to Light elements (like Apex Predators from Bakash) and the rule for put units in overwatch paying log points is not the same cost for Light or Armoured...

This sould be clearer in the next rulebook, please.

Something that we will raise in the Beta thread, and I will check with Derek when I see him this weekend. 

Personally I expect it to be:

LoS Class

LIghts - no

Armoured - yes

Leviathan - yes

elevated - yes

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.