Sign in to follow this  
Rocy7

Future of Taskforce ?

I know that not many persons have knowlege about it but maybe someone from Spartan or Vanguards will help.

At first I was really exited by Taskforce, but after some videos and reading the rulebook my initial enthusiasm subsided.

After all , I hope that will be better .

Where some important issues for me :

1 ) is there a chance that the rules will be improved ( other action disorder , more tactics )

2 ) if the greater the scale of the battle affects positively on available tactical options?

3) when we can expect new ships and in which form they will be relased? As single models, as helixes in Taskforce, or as models pack as in Halo?

they should have had a few ready to go after release after a week or two before launch. It would have made things go smoother and prevent this swingy atmosphere. Honestly they should have known most initial buyers would be gamers from armada and already have a bunch of ships and we could have presented  it as a complete game. They need to push out a teir one and maybe another helix format we can use to push the testing of the system and allow full games.

And make no mistake, that IS Taskforce's biggest problem right now- there is no way, be it for testing or for gaming, of knowing how anything will actually work once it's "complete." Even people who have played a dozen games are essentially still speculating at this point. For as much as I've complained, and trust me it has been a lot, I don't even know if the things I heavily dislike are artefacts of the current limited range of ship stats or not.

What's hurting Taskforce the most is indeed the fact we don't have stats/profiles for all the previous ships produced for Firestorm Armada.

For now, games are too limited and prevent to have "the Bigger Picture" to give sense to all these rules.

As usual with Spartan Games, we don't know when the stats will be uploaded on the website. And that's the exact reason we can't know what will happen for the future of this game.

For now, we can just say "if you want to play the previous ships, play Firestorm Armada".

Leaving 1st generation buyers with nothing to play with looks like a commercial suicide strategy :angry: :angry: :angry:  It's the worst thing that can be made... early realesed version with "draft" mention of other ships stats or even a limited order of battle with only 1 or 2 additional ship per tiers and factions would have save the situation...

With only the materieal included in the starter box it's impossible to promote the game correctly among the gamer community :(

Yeah, same here... I was very excited about Taskforce but I decided to wait for the rules of old ships to be out. And I'm still waiting... 

SG should have waited to make those stats BEFORE announcing Taskforce. 

Honestly, it depends on how SG sees Taskforce.

If the game is only here to give an easier introduction to Firestorm Armada, well we can indeed just say "if you want to play with the previous ships, play Firestorm Armada. This is the full game."

At least, that would put at ease all the people fearing Taskforce is here to replace FA. Or make them feel like they were overreacting.

On the other hand, if SG truly wants to make a "tournament version" of Taskforce with real choice, not releasing the game data for actually playing with this huge set of already existing miniatures is a loss with each day passed without them.

Remember, the gamer mainly sees what is out at the present day. If they see a new game released and notice that you can only play with 3 different ships for each faction - and only a specific battlegroup with very few options to use, well you don't need to be a genius to notice he will find himself quite limitated.

Not to mention having huge battle with just 2 cruisers like and 1 Tiers III entries for each faction is quite...underwhelming and making no sense at all.

We've got the stats finalised just about for every Core faction. Unfortunately it's taken so long what with Halo, Firestorm, and Planetfall all getting re-stats or updates lately. They are very time consuming to produce, make and play test but they are within reaching distance now. It shouldn't be long.