Nicholas

The final alliance ORBAT updates.

Hello, just wondering when will the final batch of ORBAT updates for the alliance nations will be uploaded. I suppose the team is busy working on Fleet Action at the moment, but it's just a few more to have a complete update for 2015/2016.

Indian Raj, Canada, Operational Assets and the STO. C'mon Spartan, end this! :P

Hello, just wondering when will the final batch of ORBAT updates for the alliance nations will be uploaded. I suppose the team is busy working on Fleet Action at the moment, but it's just a few more to have a complete update for 2015/2016.

Indian Raj, Canada, Operational Assets and the STO. C'mon Spartan, end this! :P

+1000 ....

Man, if you guys complain about 6 months you better not play 40k. :) The necrons went 8 years without an update.

Sorry my dark eldar ears can't hear you. :P

But yeah, i would say spartan should probably finish one thing before they start two more things. I get the feeling the company is run by people just like us, attracted to shiny things and unable to keep focus.

We have the final edits made to the Indian Raj, Dominion and Canada and the Operational Assets completed. Just waiting for the ORBATs to be processed, and checked before they are uploaded - and I don't have a timeframe on that yet sorry!

The TO are a different kettle of fish, we will be making adjustments to that ORBAT in due course, but there are a few pieces we need to finalise first, including a general look at the Armoured forces.

Cheers,

Spartan Giles. 

In fairness to spartan, their latest-seen-game aside from halo ground (which was always inevitable) was the tank thing called project gotterdamerung... which i seem to recall them saying was a long long way off and was experimenting with far different game mechanics.

As a games company they should keep experimenting on new ideas/projects/mechanics. I do not think it was wise to show off such a thing to the public when they have a reputation for game-system-ADD.

A problem I see is that dystopian wars is a mature game with a vast range already. Whilst there is a lot of room and scope for expansion (ideas for which are regularly suggested here... or at least were for a time) the need for expansion is less severe. Their other games are in much greater need of expansion and support. This drags resources from us by necessity and slows down our updates. I think we have seen this in the delay between the last alliance updates and the nexy set, which I reckon has the halo ground game as the root cause of delay.

Sadly I have not had a dystopian game for a fair while now ( :( ) but I am far from ready to leap into a game with a bdsm otter as part of its lineup :P

There is Infinity on the other hand... and dropfleet commander is only a few months away (I hope)...

But first I have to kick thyphs' behind at a dystopian tourny. Something he keeps shying away from with excuses like holidays and having a real life :P maybe this new guildball fad he is developing is merely a cunning ploy to avoid the humiliation of crushing defeat by superior penguin forces! :D

actually Thamoz im in the same boat (pun intended)

think ive played about 3 games of dystopian this year....my holidays and having a young daughter has all but killed my ability to get out and about as much as last year.

That being said, there isnt much going on to keep me interested....PLC got me going for a little bit, but thats worn off now.

Problem i have is Dystopian isnt getting more popular, therefore gaming becomes stale...hence playing a vastly more popular game like guildball, just to get my gaming juices going again!

Well I think most of us agree, that we are all suitably disappointed in Spartans lack of interest in dystopian wars over the past year, and I'm not sure how you can even start to answer that.

and there's more games to come so I cant see that increasing the amount of time that's spent on dystopian wars.......

Lets be clear, overstretched is an excuse I'm sick of hearing, don't know about the rest of you :)

as always I'm happy to be corrected :)

A company's goal is to make money, most times that means enlarging itself. 

As a company gets larger the income needed to sustain its growth also becomes larger.

Spartan Games needs to expand into other areas (games) to achieve this. 

This is of coarse no help to us. We can only hope Dystopian Wars is remembered as the the game that made Spartan Games great! :D;)

Considering even the Halo forums are moaning about shipping delays and worried that the tank game had more demo tables than Halo Ground, it is helping no one.

What is the correct terminology for overdosing on shinies?

Listen buddy, I been waiting since 1903 for the Monopoly Boardgame update. The boot is still massively OP and nobody wants to buy a house down Euston Road anymore, not with the recent crime statistics.

That Free Parking square needs to be fixed and who on Earth manages to avoid jail at the forfeiture of £50. Game's gone to the dogs, surprised anyone plays it.