Sign in to follow this  
Tane

Coa - Not The First, Nor The Last Fleet! (Upd. 19.6.)

;)

It took some time for preparations for a warmachine tournament, and because of it I didn't painted my CoA fleet. But now the tournament is finished and I return to my painting table to finish some battleships! Ok, not finished yet, but in progess :D.

As an appetizer, first some (new) pictures of my already finished vessels:

p1030051zn.th.jpg p1030050n.th.jpg p1030050n.th.jpg

p1030045l.th.jpg p1030044vj.th.jpg

Here is my WIP. First I like to finish my BS, after it the orb and then my cruisers.

p1030037l.th.jpg p1030036v.th.jpg

I like the water effect. Because I didn't have a gaming table in ocean style, I hope to get a similar coloured table - I like the deep blue:

p1030041n.th.jpg p1030040l.th.jpg p1030039n.th.jpg

Early begun to paint, but sill in shape:

p1030043r.th.jpg p1030042t.th.jpg

At last a picture of my WIP and finished vessels fleet. I don't made a picture with all units of my collection. They are completely white and ready for paint and that's not so interessting. ^_^

p1030059y.th.jpg

I hope you enjoy them!

How did you get those nice straight-edged blocks for the camouflage pattern?

It's all freehand. I try it to paint it without mistakes, so I have less to correct. ^_^

I like the way you have picked out the scrollwork on the bows of the carrier in reverse colours.

Thank you! It was a proposal in the old forum, because I had no idea how to paint it in proper colours.

In the meantime I nearly finished the BS and the orb. The Aristotle awaits shading of the engine ring and the broadsides. The orb only need the windows to do. I think both are finished tomorrow.

The base colour is a mix of blue and green (about 2:1) with black. Then I put more and more white into the mixture and "speckle" the waves with an old brush until pure white.

Nice work! I'm currently looking to paint my CoA fleet in around the same colors, but want some more colored triangles mixed in. I was think of at least one more color to add.

I will keep your work in mind when I start painting mine!

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you all! It motivates me to go on.

I'm currently looking to paint my CoA fleet in around the same colors, but want some more colored triangles mixed in. I was think of at least one more color to add.

I will keep your work in mind when I start painting mine!

I'm looking forward for some pictures!

And while watching EURO 2012 I had some time to get two buddies finished. First my BB:

p1030127q.th.jpg p1030126h.th.jpg p1030129x.th.jpg p1030145f.th.jpg