slimeball

Another 'first attempt at a list' 1500 pts :)

+ Large/Massive (635pts) +

Aristotle Class Battleship (300pts) [Energy, Kepler]

Prometheus Class Dreadnought (335pts) [CoA Commodore, Dilation Field (12"), Heavy Energy, Shield (3)]

+ Medium (630pts) +

3 x Cleomedes Class Cruiser [energy weapons] (240pts)

Hyperbius Class Control Flyer (120pts)

3 x Zeno Class Armoured Cruiser (270pts)

+ Small (235pts) +

3 x Plutarch Class Heavy Destroyer (135pts)

5 x Thales Class Corvette (100pts)

Any thoughts? Those points got eaten up way too quickly, it seems really light on drones compared to most i have seen. If I take a pair of spotter and a pair of fighter bases a local air, then use my Kepler as I see fit. That should get me to 12 activations, is that enough?

The points do indeed go quick!

I like the list, it has a few toys that will really work well together. I would change one thing though.... the prometheus' turrets. As a general rule, for an e-turret to be better than its corresponding main turret it needs to be equal or superior in range band 3 and 4. The main turrets on the prometheus are very powerful and perform a lot better than the heavy e-turrets unless you keep the Prometheus on the back line... in which case you are probably using it wrong :P The prometheus main turrets can also link with the fore bombard which the e-turrets cannot do.

My advice would be to stick main turrets on the prometheus and use it as a line-breaking hammer to smash forward with the Zenos and lay waste to all about it... just remember to give it a fighter CAP before the enemy tries to board it and use Zeno particle accelerators to clear out corvettes that try to sneak up. (Fun fact, a particle accelerator can fire from within a dilation field template without being partially blocked.)

You are right, this is a drone-light list. It looks very aggressive and has some nice long range firepower to back that up. You will suffer from being out activated, so try and make the best use of terrain and dilation field in the first (and to a lesser extent second) turn.

Secondary weapons cannot indirect fire, so the spotter drones would be useless activations for this list. Lots of activations is good, but lots of decent activations is better. For local air support, you could try 2 bases of 3 fighter drone and one of 4. That gives fewer activations but each one can do something.

Can't use the PA and the dilation field generator in the same activation. If you want more ET go with another BB Kepler combo. Less points more drones and more firepower. Wouldn't bother with destroyers since you've leaned in more with the ET side of things instead try more corvettes. At 2 AP and reckless with 15mv going straight that's 19 inch boarding distance for some thing that got zapped with ETs. Also the cleo and Zeno kind of go hand in hand for the role type. Bust in be tanky doing sustainable damage till death. But, throwing in the hyper misses and scatters your combo and synergy a bit. If you want to keep they hyper I'd bumb down the cleos and put it fresnals and drop one Zeno (since 3 are hard to maintain good PA angles on imo) and go for some repair ships for the ET firing line you could possibly have in the back. Or for the run a gun swap the hyper with more corvettes or Kepler for more drones. Just my personal midmax opinion. My club is pretty competitive so had to really abuse synergy with the CoA.

I have a game against KoB coming up though (all navy) any suggestions as to compilation. I have all bar Pericles but can get hold of 1 if using CoA.

From memory he has a dreadnought an assault carrier 2x hood and rest of the battlegroup

I'd avoid the Pericles as it's just easy points for your opponent for little return.

If using Cleos, I'd stick to Primary turrets as per Prometheus in the previous advice above.

Hyperbius is kinda wasted in part without fliers to target, tho that painter IS nice combined with the Aristotle. .... 

Thanks Wolfchild. We ended up playing a mixed arena game as I had acquired land forces, which unfortunately didn't go my way(first time playing land battle tho).

Subsequently í have now also acquired repair ships. what would be the best way to deploy these? (Looking for honest opinions)