Sign in to follow this  
Forest

Fleet building, capture the station

Just played our first two _real_ games of TF.  It is awesome - all the fun and flavor of FSA, but at half the time.  I see no need for FSA 3.0, Taskforce IS 3.0. Moving works very well too; I was worried it would be too slow/cumbersome, but it works out just fine.

Anyway, a couple of questions:

In fleet building it doesn't say anything about factions.  Are there rules regarding what factions can fill what squadron requirements in the battlegroup?  I presume the intent is that the requisites are filled from the same faction as the lead squadron and that perhaps optional assets can be from allies?

In the Capture the station scenario to score VP for ownership of the station it says you need at lease one coherent Squadron within 6" of the station.  Does that mean ALL models in the squadron need to be within 6" of the station, or at least one model oft coherent squadron within 6" of the station.  The former is pretty tight and hard to do with no full stop in FSTF. 

Normal usage in these situations is to have one model within range of an objective to score. Wording is ambiguous but 'squadron' means to have a member of the squadron within range. In coherency.

Honestly, I would say like Xen but indeed the rules are ambiguous. That's why I can't really take the rules as reference here, just giving my personnal opinion on this matter.

That doesn't matter when you ask a question about rules. ;)

About factions, there is simply nothing. Maybe when Spartan Games will EVENTUALLY release the other profiles, I suspect there would be some Fleet Book that would be more precise about what you can take in your fleet or not as factions.

I think taking the same basis for Armada is a fair beginning.