Sign in to follow this  
Rocy7

Shields Combine?

Rulebook page 18

1. Attack Process - Combine the relevant Attack Dice for the Attack and roli to hit using the Exploding Dice Mechanic.
  2. Defence Process - Roli any Defences that might be applicable depending on the colour of the Weapon being used (RED weapons can be defended by Shields, BLUE weapons can be defended by Point Defence). Combine the relevant Defence Dice for the incoming Attack and roli to hit using the Exploding Dice Mechanic. Each Defence success rolled will reduce the number of successes rolled by the attacker by I.

I nominate 1 target to each attack, so squadron use defense as whole? For example if I attact 1 of 3 Terran Perseus Light cruiser the defense roll will be 2 (model dice) dice or 6 dice (squadron)?

The same question about PD defence rolls?

Both page 8 and page 17 talks about the defense of the targeted model. However, there are certain cases when you can combine with something else, usually with Interceptors and PD against Bombing Sorties or Boarding Assaults.

That's why the sentence is written like this, since it covers both Red and Blue defenses, but that doesn't mean you can combine all the shields of your squadron for one targeted model. This is written nowhere in the rules.