We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

slimeball

Summary of the fleet pro's and con's

I am dipping in to DW after being a long time player of FSA and FPF. Is there a site with a good up to date summary of the factions, or could someone give me one? Appearances wise, my favourite fleets are as follows

Blazing sun

Americans

Danish

Antarctica's

Ottoman

Any tips for a pre-noob?

Thanks

I am dipping in to DW after being a long time player of FSA and FPF. Is there a site with a good up to date summary of the factions, or could someone give me one? Appearances wise, my favourite fleets are as follows

Blazing sun

Americans

Danish

Antarctica's

Ottoman

Any tips for a pre-noob?

Thanks

You won't go wrong with Blazing Suns. They're good looking and very competitive.

Danish but not Prussians?

The FSA have a huge variety of models. They have a relatively small variety of weapons systems that small some dislike. Similar to the EoTBS. I have no problem with that as you have different combos of good guns, rockets, shields, and speed/AP quality. This allows for a lot of tailoring your models for specific missions and opponents. The FSA air is the best in the game. 

I didn't really look much at the Prussians as at least 1-2 people in my group are already going for them, but they look cool too. I went for the penguins in the end, really looking forward to getting to know them. Will be looking at a second fleet in a couple of months, so this stuff is really helpful. Maybe a more rugged brutality fleet to go with my surgical finesse fleet :)

I've added the few other factions I have a good idea of (PLC & BW) to the wiki page. If anyone else has a good handle on the remaining factions, I like to ask you to please, write a short intro guide for the wiki. The question of 'what's each faction like?' comes up with some regularity, and it would be great to have a complete page to go 'here, read this' instead of writing up a new set of tiny descriptions every time.

Hi Sebenko, for the KoB can you add at the end:

Play this faction if...

You want to brawl with your opponent and come out on top over time. You are willing to take a black eye but ensure that the opponent will be out cold. You like inflicting negative status effects on the enemy with an abundance of Piercing torpedoes. You like submarines.

++++

On another note, should a separate pro/con list be made for land battles? Some of them can be different, like how KoB land is not redoubtable but has a focus on spotting and indirect fire. 

More seriously, the danes are a fleet based entirely around boarding. Their cannons, while powerful, are mainly to thin out two ships from a cruiser squad while boarding the third ;)

Calcification gens, large benefits to playing fighter SAS, very fast/manoeuvrable and reasonable AP make them extremely adept at ruining people's day in a very Viking-y way.

The cons are that outside of their large/massives their native fleet has no defenses. If you're caught in the open, you're literally praying to the dice gods because nothing else will save you.

Time them right, they're a kerbstomping worldbeating master of whatever they survey. Time it wrong and you're packing up early and sitting shellshocked in the corner of the room.

It's DW with the safety catch off, arguably at the more difficult end to master. I would say they're probably not the best learner fleet, but a great way to hone your strategy and movement planning skills.

On 06.04.2016 at 8:17 PM, Lerriano said:

Danes- sexier than Prussians

Pros - glass CANNON!

Con - GLASS cannon

Just as I see them when I use them - your comment very short, and concise, and very well to the point!

But not a good starting fleet? Yes they are hard to use (I am making very slow progress in mastering them), but they are visually rewarding, and when they do pull it off with their boarders - it is extremely good feeling to see your enemy making faces at you... because that is all he can do really ;-) It all depends what you are trying to get out of this game, I guess if you just want to win a lot and very easily, I think FSA or British are the choice, otherwise go for what you would like to paint and see on your book/model-shelf is my opinion.

As a "starter fleet" the Danes are actually quite good. You have some, but not too many, choices for each size class, the ships have Sharp Turn and Advanced Engines for good speed and manoeuvrability, and the weapons are pretty straight forward. Sure they're fragile, but that gunnery makes your opponents fragile too