Sign in to follow this  
Chancer

UK Games Expo 2016 Dystopian Wars Tournament

Tournament Questions

• TAC cards won't be used.

Points scoring will be as per last year

Game scoring is done by means of Crushing Victory, Marginal Victory and Draw, as already stated.

• Crushing Victory – Winner gets 4 Tournament Points (TP) Loser gets 0 TP
  • Marginal Victory - Winner gets 3 TP Loser gets  1 TP
  • Draw – Both players get 2TP

Tie Breaking

• Tie breaking as per last year will be based on a track of the number of ships captured.

Tournament Questions

• TAC cards won't be used.

Points scoring will be as per last year

Game scoring is done by means of Crushing Victory, Marginal Victory and Draw, as already stated.

• Crushing Victory – Winner gets 4 Tournament Points (TP) Loser gets 0 TP
  • Marginal Victory - Winner gets 3 TP Loser gets  1 TP
  • Draw – Both players get 2TP

Tie Breaking

• Tie breaking as per last year will be based on a track of the number of ships captured.

Might be an idea to update the the UK Games Expo site as well as it's not showing the latest updates.

One practice game down, learnng how to play again ... so Dead Steve won that.  I may have only killed a few Frigates.

I will do better, I will do better, I will do better, I will do better, I will do better, I will do better, I will do better, I will do better, I will do better, I will do better...

Guys

Two weeks to go, please could you send me more of your fleet lists.

For any one struggling to get a fleet painted I can lend out any one of my 11 painted fleets. Please ask if you need help. (Though personally I recommend my Italians or Ottomans on looks alone)

To all the guys at the tournament. A big thank you.

It was great event with many memorable games and excellent sportsmanship.

See you guys Next Year.

A big thank you to Beth from Spartan games for her support

and helping with the judging the painting.

I agree, thanks Chancer for organising. Dave and I had a great time at our first DW event. It was great to meet fellow DW players put some faces on some of the forum names ! We also got to see what lists/tactics other people outside of the 2 of us use ! (we learned we may need more SAS for more activations and we learned to avoid those All Aerial Lists !!!).

If anyone goes to Limerick I will see you there,

Eoin.

Agree with both the previous. Great tournament great players. If there is one next year count me in. Thanks Chancer really appreciate all you did.

The aerial list was so cheesy, I should know I put it together to be so, deliberately. From the point of view of tournament rules there's some lessons to be learnt there. I'll try and articulate thoughts in a separate post when I have time rather then hijack this thread.

Elric: Look forward to seeing you at Limerick, as it's only Naval core I won't be bringing an Ariel list

The aerial list was so cheesy, I should know I put it together to be so, deliberately. 

My cunning plan to avoid it by heading to the lower tables worked like a charm!  :D

Really, really cool weekend, so nice to play against new people and new fleets. Thanks to everyone but especially Chancer. Can't wait for next year!