Sign in to follow this  
Final re-roll

How to apply disorder markers effects when being boarded

Disorders markers reduce defensive successes thats easy to work out normally but for boarding you get the point defence and then the crew point roll off. If i had 4 disorder markers and 3 successful point defence rolls and say 5 successful crew point rolls. Would the first 4 successes be canclled meaning the 3 point defence and 1 crew point roll. Or is its 4 from each of the rolls or from just the point defence or crew roll.

Thank you for the help in advance.

I play it as affecting both sets of rolls, since both generate successes and both are rolls made in defence. Page 5 of the rulebook states, under disorder markers, that 'this applies to successes generated when defending against ... boarding assaults'.

So in your example, you'd lose 4 successes in the first phase (when the attacker determines how many CP they finally get to roll) and you'd lose 4 successes in the second phase where the final attacking CP rolls are made against the defending CP rolls.

that sounds very harsh to me as you have very little chance of defending yourself. When your against the relthoza those disorder tokens soon start building up. So we have been playing it as the first 4 successes are lost in total from either rolls.

It might be harsh, but I think that's the way it's intended. Plus, you can easily remove disorder tokens in this game. And then there are interceptors for some factions - those things rip apart boarding assaults. All in all, I don't think it's as harsh as you might think.

How do you play attackers with multiple damage markers, say 4, and multiple weapons? Do you just discount the first four successes of their first weapon attack, or do you take four successes off their beam weapon attack and then four successes off their torpedo attack? If it's the later, I don't see why the reverse (i.e. disorder) shouldn't apply. If your opponent is able to stack four disorder markers on you, you really should be feeling the consequences of that shouldn't you?

Just my opinion.

How do you play attackers with multiple damage markers, say 4, and multiple weapons? Do you just discount the first four successes of their first weapon attack, or do you take four successes off their beam weapon attack and then four successes off their torpedo attack? If it's the later, I don't see why the reverse (i.e. disorder) shouldn't apply. If your opponent is able to stack four disorder markers on you, you really should be feeling the consequences of that shouldn't you?

Just my opinion.

Thats a very good point and makes sense to me when comparing it to multiple firing solutions.

Just need to wait for a carrier option for my lizards to help defend my fleet i guess.

Thanks.