durnekell2k

Eagle Class War Rotor, how useful now?

I just picked on up for less then a cost of a cup of coffee, and its a sweet looking model, but how well does it preform in a game? I'm just starting in to some KoB air force, well I'm liking the 360 degree movement, but I'm worried its more of a show then a go.

Its decent I suppose. Not really outstanding but a good place to park your commodore - obscured, rugged (1) and Shield (2) is good enough for me in terms of survivability. For a flying battleship role its lackluster IMHO. 

Its a fun airship. i really like it in the prince squadron. i dont think you can link the guns IIRC as the hawks have secondary turrets (lame)

however they are nice to use as aggressive or counter boarding against air units. plenty o dudes and kinda fast. should be hauling over, dropping bombs and mines and using guns on targets of opportunity when possible.

It is so tough!

Not the best of its class but some solid boarding action, bombing and mentioned, absorbing firepower. Also insanely manuverable due to 360 turn. 

Prez has a high standard for his flying machines. Give the Eagle a whirl and see what you think.

With the recent changes it went through I think its a pretty damn legit Airship. Redoubtable stuff with awesome movement... very cool indeed.

You can get really aggressive and wacky with those mines too. I think the boat makes for a very impetuous boarder and "expendable" front-liner.

The Eagle gets better turrets (redoubtable + piercing), better movement (360), better AP (+2), arguably better generator (Guardian), better AA (redoubtable), better bombs and is tougher (redoubtable + rugged + shield).

The Daedalus gets better mines, if it can ever use them, due to the lack of manoeuvrability (45 degree with 2" turn limit), and a broadside.

In terms of stats, I think the Eagle sucks. Sorry, can't sugar coat it there, it really does suck.

The model, on the other hand... Hoo, I love that thing.

I would very much liked to have been able to point out the Osprey, but that thing has gone from Pretty Good to actually worse than the Eagle now.