Kraggi

DWARF Presents - The Battle for Pharlain IV

DWARF Presents - The Battle for Pharlain IV

Dunfermline Wargaming and Roleplaying Fellowship are proud to announce our first Firestorm: Planetfall event.

Players are invited to take part in 3 games of Firestorm: Planetfall to see who will become the conqueror of planet Pharlain IV and secure valuable resources for their race.

The event will take place on Saturday the 14th of May and cost £15, this will get participants 3 games of Planetfall, free tea or coffee, doughnuts on arrival and lunch.

There will be prizes available for First & Second Place, Best Army (as voted by the players) and Wooden Spoon.

For full information on the event please download the Pack www.tinyurl.com/PharlainIV

For information on DWARF and our previous events please visit www.DWARFclub.com.

Edited to include a working link to the pack.

Edited by Kraggi

Apparently it is only £17.50 on a train from Sheffield the night before   :ph34r:

Unfortunately the return ticket is £117.70...  :blink:

Too rich for my pockets I'm afraid.

Downside - I have a gig the night before. I don't really fancy driving to Scotland after a gig through the night.

However I could see if my dep would fill in for me that night and then arrange something with some of the lads to drive up.

Zeph - I can pick you up on the way!

I will be coming up for this :)

Unfortunately for gr1mdan & Zeph et al, my sister lives fairly close by so I will be taking the missus up and making a long weekend out of it, so can't offer a lift I'm afraid guys.

However if you can get, it would be awesome to get a few of us up there!!

Hi all,

This should be the link you are after for the FB event:  https://www.facebook.com/events/1693142954276981/

I hope we do see some of you come up and enjoy sunny Fife.

If anyone needs any information on accommodation, transport etc then please give either Kraggi or myself a shout

Cheers,

Afternoon all, another shameless plug for the event, we currently have 6 people confirmed with another 5/6 we are trying to pin down. 

Good News, if you do make the trip you will get three games vs different opponents. 

Hoping I can pin Derek down to be there and take part as well! 

I'm struggling at the moment Kraggi, got two gigs that weekend and not sure I can afford to give them up at the moment :(

SO sorry buddy :(

Can we get another one later this year??? :D

No worries Gr1mdan, our plan is to see how successful this one is, and then look at running another one later in the year. 

We do a big Charity tournament in November and I would love to run this at that (huge raffle with prizes for the Charity, food provided, lots of people turning up all in all an amazing event), but we are hoping to see how this one goes first. 

I will of course keep you all in the loop if you cannot make it as to how it went, and if & when we do another. 

No worries Gr1mdan, our plan is to see how successful this one is, and then look at running another one later in the year. 

We do a big Charity tournament in November and I would love to run this at that (huge raffle with prizes for the Charity, food provided, lots of people turning up all in all an amazing event), but we are hoping to see how this one goes first. 

I will of course keep you all in the loop if you cannot make it as to how it went, and if & when we do another. 

By "big Charity Tournament" Kraggi means Winter War.

Which last year raised £3100 for two cancer charities in memory of a club mate and in 8 years has raised just over £10k - yes that is me blowing our clubs trumpet :)

Spartan have always been very generous in their contribution to the event and we would be very happy if one of their systems was to join the roster at this years event, work on that is ongoing.

Ideally we will be running another PF event this year regardless of if it's at Winter War, but just want to get this one right first- and on that subject there will be some minor alterations the the scenarios to balance them as much as possible.

Sounds absolutely banging. I lost my Mum four years ago to it and raised quite a bit myself through various events - I did 24 hour tabletop gaming last year which was good fun and managed to raise about £700 for it!

November is good for me, aside from the 19th and 20th which is Reading Warfare - our biggest FSA tournament in the UK so far and we never miss it :-D

Hello all!

We are pleased to announce that we have received prize support from Spartan Games for the event for multiple prizes including 1st place, painting and sportsmanship awards.

Any takers?

If you are interested please drop either Kraggi or myself a line.

Cheers,

@the_john_harper