Overread

Corinthian Club Chat!

Having made the mistake of joining the club in Q1, your cryptic posts about "stuff soon" and "putting people on blast" offers little in the way of a sincere apology for how shambolically organised and borderline fraudulent the club seems to be.

If anything I find it insulting. We're expected to believe a rep of this company is "forbiddenz!" to talk to people about stuff they bought in good faith.

If you can't be bothered to communicate with people in a timely manner, don't run a paid club that requires you to communicate with people in a timely manner.

16 hours ago, Ade said:

Having made the mistake of joining the club in Q1, your cryptic posts about "stuff soon" and "putting people on blast" offers little in the way of a sincere apology for how shambolically organised and borderline fraudulent the club seems to be.

If anything I find it insulting. We're expected to believe a rep of this company is "forbiddenz!" to talk to people about stuff they bought in good faith.

If you can't be bothered to communicate with people in a timely manner, don't run a paid club that requires you to communicate with people in a timely manner.

Lighten up, the fact that we get a discount and free models well in excess of the value we have to pay to get into the club.

@Spartan Mike has been a massive improvement on the normal levels of communication, he just has a load of fires to put out all over the forums

1 hour ago, Aurikon said:

Lighten up, the fact that we get a discount and free models well in excess of the value we have to pay to get into the club.

@Spartan Mike has been a massive improvement on the normal levels of communication, he just has a load of fires to put out all over the forums

What free models? No gift rotation = no free models surely?

Yes Mike is an improvement, but just because something is less terrible than it was doesn't make it great.

At the end of the day, regardless of personal opinion SG are falling short on delivering what they sold. 

1 minute ago, Ade said:

Yes Mike is an improvement, but just because something is less terrible than it was doesn't make it great.

At the end of the day, regardless of personal opinion SG are falling short on delivering what they sold. 

Well yeah at the moment we are 2 quarters into the lack of a free model, however by now your membership would have paid for itself if you had got the 1st quarter gift and placed at least 2 orders

All I am saying is stop whining and be patient.  They are still finishing up a KS after all

10 hours ago, Ade said:

If you're not happy with the Corinthian deal then simply don't renew it.

Personally, I only signed up for the discount, the freebies are a bonus.  Between myself and club orders, it's saved hundreds of pounds.

Hi, don't know if this has been already answered (made a quick search, found nothing), in case, be patient with me... ^^;

What exactly is the use of SS Dawn of Souls model? It's an usable piece? (doubt it: has a round base and looks like she's sinking). A terrain element? A scenario objective?

The  Dawn of Souls is a decorative piece, but you can freely use it as an objective for your own scenarios (like save the passengers, scientific data or anything you can imagine).

By the way it look pretty cool once painted.

@Spartan Mike, any news about our lord Neil's project ? or is it still protected by Spartan's invisible ninja secret police  ? ;)

They regularly make offers during week-ends and even give a few free models, if I remember correctly the last times there was a unique ship for Firestorm armada and a radar tower with a hangar for Dystopian wars.

Keep in mind that those gift are given with large orders (generally from £50 or £100 orders), while Corinthian club gives you four gifts for £25 plus promotions on the shop for one year.

Firestorm players can get free stuff but the Corinthian club is still a lot more interesting. Just be patient.

And when was the last time there was a corinthian only deal?? And £25 for four gifts is nice, but if I buy a membership that tells me I get 1 each quarter I want 1 each quarter. I'm paying for a discount and gifts. We have to spend almost £200 to get profit from our membership ( then you have saved £30 ), while others only have to pay £50 without discount to get a gift. I'm not saying the club is bad, but some support from spartan games would be nice. The kickstarter is hard work, but other things should not be the victim of it

6 hours ago, Spartan Neil said:

... An update for the Corinthian Club is needed and I know a newsletter is due out this week because it is on my To Do list. Due to my delay sorting the new quarterly free gifts out, I am extending folks membership by 3 months. More info in the newsletter ...

Neil posted this in the boardgame thread in the Armada forum. I thought I'd take the relevant bit and post it here :)

I am more than happy with a 3 month extension, may not be a physical gift but that's more than generous.  We get incredible value for money with just 1 quarters gift and an order, the rest of the year I basically am profiting from the membership

However @Spartan Mike, any chance you can prod and poke a bit harder so I can part with money soon?