Vedar

Any Rumors of a new starter box yet?

Any rumors of a new starter box at all? I'm just not a fan of the Aquans (sorry fish lovers) and would be more interested in picking any other two factions to try to kick off playing in my group.

The Battle for Valhalla box is still out there for the ever popular intra-species feud between Terran and Din, and features the drop dead gorgeous Praetorian battleship.

I and my fellow lizard overlords are eagerly awaiting the oft-speculated about Sorylian v. Relthoza box though.  I'd be thrilled if the Relthoza models that came with it continued in the vein of the TF models for the spiders.  Relthoza have really seen the most aesthetic creep over model iterations I think, I'm eager to see where they're going.

We don't, FSA player got confused.

New box set means new rules edition, for both PF and FSA likely. As a playtester I can say we're not quite there yet, not too far away but not yet. That said it's likely Sory/Relth... meaning unsellable in my area. Due to PF that may be an even more horrible idea too because it would really be just a rebox of models already available. Might be better to run allies in that set, aka PF doing Veydreth & Ba'kash to FSA's Sory & Relth. Truthfully I think the way they did Taskforce may be the way to go if they want to stick to major races in the future but they have to convince retailers to buy 3 starters that way.

I feel trying to have multiple starter boxes is messy. Games Workshop have never had any trouble with their games and the different content of the starter boxed sets; whilst Privateer Press is now doing army boxed sets instead.

I think it better to have a single boxed set with two races inside that can rotate every new rules edition; but otherwise keep it simple. 1 Starter and then have army boxed sets for each army. That's much easier than trying to do combos of boxed sets for different interest groups; plus it means that the game is simple - 1 boxed set for newbies instead of "Oh there's 5boxed sets with rules in them - wait is that the same rules or different?" and even more a nightmare when a new edition comes out .