BasicBob

What happens after the Assault Helix ?

Okay what does Spartan do after the Assault helix is released ? That's the last one, so has anyone heard what happens next ? And if you were the person making the decision what would you do ?

I know what I would. Add another alliance helix for starters !!!!

There's a few things:

1) Release fleshed out helix for the allied races - which I think has been semi-officially announced as the next phase of their release plan.

2) Release alternative helix for the same slot. At present we have one helix per slot; barring air which has two options of interceptor or gunship. Thus there's ample room to add more alternative helix compositions to the other slots on the graph. This might be in the form of new helix boxed sets and units; with the option further down the line to have helix that are purely written (not boxed) and are the result of a combination of elements from other helix

3) Introduce new races/factions - certainly a lot of room in the game for a few more minor factions to appear which are already present in the space game. 

4) Introduce totally new factions - possible considering that its a ground warfare game its not impossible that we might see a few new factions appear that are ground-bound and thus don't appear in the space game; or new factions which don't yet appear in the space game.

5) Others - this might be terrain; buildings; npc/civilians etc.... Although in general Spartan tends to release these alongside regular sales of other main products.

6) Faction specific buildings. Considering its a ground game we might well see buildings; this could be anything from civilian buildings through to military buildings and fortifications; through to planet cannon and other such structures.

Some alternate helix options that are not mirrored in each faction. Heavy helixes that perform as heavy armor breakthrough cap units and some that acr like on feild morter support. A mar for meadiums that draw line of sight like elevated for firing but short ranged.

I would like some alternate helix options, both racial ones and alliance ones.

The faction specific building idea is also good, but here some artworks would be nice, so that one can scratchbuild something.  :)

Great ideas chaps and I think they'll probably be followed upon by Spartan, however I think this year maybe fairly slow-ish as a lot of dedication and time is needed on DW and Halo/Halo Ground.

What about a campaign system that's like System Wars for FSA but MUCH more detailed?

I think spartan could really do with tightening up on other aspects of the game for a time being. They have been excellent at releasing models, but the game doesn't feel quite complete yet. I'd like to see:

1. Good, working, complete orbats, possibly with some artwork and background.

2. The background document that Neil mentioned mid last year

3. That lovely laser cut mdf scenario I the rulebook, and the other scenario options we have seen in the various promos.

4. A decent set of updated faqs.

I feel spartan has done a brilliant job so far, but I feel they need to backfill some of the gaps and not just push more models. These items could potentially be done without hurting halo too much, and they could maybe design allied helices whilst this comes out, maybe with those being G released in 5 or 6 months time.

They looked at the mdf terrain but couldn't get it into a competitive price bracket and the weight really hurt shipping. Plus there are dozens of companies who already do mdf terrain.

Agree with everything else.

I'm compiling and doing ORBAT changes for every race later today to help with when they come out, which should hopefully be very soon. It saves you guys the job anyway haha

They looked at the mdf terrain but couldn't get it into a competitive price bracket and the weight really hurt shipping. Plus there are dozens of companies who already do mdf terrain.

That's fair enough grim. It's a shame they couldn't make it viable, but it's got to reach a sellable price point after all.

Hopefully the other items shouldn't take Spartan too long, as from what I understand at least the orbats and the fluff are quite advanced alono the product tion line already.

Malagamer - I can let you know this is in the pipeline and is looking very good so far. I won't give an ETA because I'm not in that position but it's safe to say that it won't be rushed out to ensure it's quality.

ORBATS are very close to being finalised. Derek and Neil are working ceaselessly to bring them to us ASAP. The Beta team are working hard to make sure Change Logs are in place on release in all the forums to give you guys as much help as possible when going through them.

I used to write changelogs on my site when posting news about new ORBATs, then I stopped writing them because it took over an hour to write those posts! I'd definitely appreciate changelogs with ORBAT releases and I appreciate how much time it takes to write them!

As for post-assault releases, I'm still looking forward to the day when I can field a Ryushi army. :)

Some alternate helix options that are not mirrored in each faction. Heavy helixes that perform as heavy armor breakthrough cap units and some that acr like on feild morter support. A mar for meadiums that draw line of sight like elevated for firing but short ranged.

I am with Core on this. The majority of the first wave helix are the basics that are needee to provide well rounded factions that balance against each other. I would really like the second wave to tread a new path and start to further develop each factions unique way of waging war on each other.

Yes i would like to see "atypical" units like the Directorate Leviathan, the Terran Aerial Ground Attack or the Relthoza Command :)

It brings more diversity to factions than just giving each one of them standard gunships for example.