Sign in to follow this  
Presidente

Latest Dystopian wars Blog

quickly version of Dystopian Wars maybe?

Giant Teutonic Order Carrier-dreadbot?

New campaign packs?

Dystopian Wars V3?

Hmmmm I think it is likely to be dystopian taskforce. Though I really would love seeing the TO getting some attention from SG. =D

Here's hoping for DW Taskforce, or more campaigns. I don't think 3.0 is really needed. Rulebook layout redesign, maybe, but the rules themselves are fine as-is.

I swear to god, one more Teutoinc Order orientated nonsense and ill go on such a French Rampage everyone will quit playing!

I know, the degree of noise that little 'barely-a-sub-faction' makes is really rather ridiculous. YOU'RE JUST PRUSSIA WITH A DIFFERENT FLAG. A WELSH SUB-FACTION WOULD MAKE MORE SENSE!

Wow didn't expect that much backfire over a silly joke.

I kinda like the idea of the TO but I do think they need a lot of extra stuff that isn't just repurposed Prussian hardware.

I'm still on the fence about the dreadbots, but I like the Metzger and the Schildtragers. The Metzger, Imperium and Sturmbringer were the main reasons for me to start playing Prussia

Stil don't own a Metzger though....

Wow didn't expect that much backfire over a silly joke.

I kinda like the idea of the TO but I do think they need a lot of extra stuff that isn't just repurposed Prussian hardware.

I'm still on the fence about the dreadbots, but I like the Metzger and the Schildtragers. The Metzger, Imperium and Sturmbringer were the main reasons for me to start playing Prussia

Stil don't own a Metzger though....

Relax , were just messing. TO seem to be getting alot of love as of late and as a almost non faction , it amused and bemuses me as to why  B)

Why this talk of a 3.0? The 2.0 rules are very good. Beyond tidying up the rulebook and keeping the faq clarifications up to date I dont think there is any need.

Now a quick-play version could he interesting, and further campaign books could be an opportunity for to add fun things (New scenarios/win conditions, a framework for campaigns, weather/night time rules, new types of terrain, new generators perhaps) so that is what I am hoping for.

We do not a new rulebook for at least 2 years. What we need now is:

1) consolidation of the model ranges

2) RPG or at least extensive fluff articles

3) clearly communicated vision of the game

4) campaign books interconnected with Dystopian Legions

If there will be talk about 3.0, I would like to see set of rules where standard game will be 5 rounds (not less!) of 1500 points played under 3 hours. Now it is more like 3 rounds at max.

Why this talk of a 3.0? The 2.0 rules are very good. Beyond tidying up the rulebook and keeping the faq clarifications up to date I dont think there is any need.

Now a quick-play version could he interesting, and further campaign books could be an opportunity for to add fun things (New scenarios/win conditions, a framework for campaigns, weather/night time rules, new types of terrain, new generators perhaps) so that is what I am hoping for.

My sentiments exactly!

Would love to see another Campaign book or the Admiral's TAC's or Faction TAC's.

Ooooh, now there's an idea. Still waiting on those to happen.

It might also be that DW tournament system Spartan has already mentioned. EDIT: Scratch that, the tournament pack is mentioned elsewhere in the blog.

Edited by Sebenko

So, what could the announcement be? I went though the last three DW related blog posts and listed everything that's been mentioned as in the works or a future possibility:

• ORBAT updates
  • Tournament Packs
  • Campaigns
  • Dreadbot redo
  • New models/resculpts/rules
  • Modular models
  • Quick-Play Rules
  • Re-packaging
  • Alliance Restructure
  • Additional Background Material

There's a lot of stuff here. Things on that list that I think it's probably not:

• ORBATs- already seen many of these announced, I don't think it qualifies as 'exciting announcement'
  • Tournament Packs- Explicitly mentioned in the same blog post.
  • Dreadbot redo- Doesn't really strike me as exciting, just needed.
  • Re-packaging- another kinda boring but necessary thing. Glad I'm not in charge of the logistics for selling however many million models Spartan produces.
  • Alliance Restructure- Kinda minor, I doubt it's that.

So that leaves:

• Campaigns
  • New models/rules
  • Modular models
  • Quick-Play Rules

Is it one of these? Maybe. It could be something totally unrelated. If it were one of that list, I'd be most excited by Quick-Play rules, then new modular models, then resculpts for older models. As for something not even hinted at? Who knows. It could be something indirectly related to DW, like a book or boardgame. It might be a new main rules updated (though I don't think that's needed at the moment).

Whatever it is, colour me excited.

So, what could the announcement be? I went though the last three DW related blog posts and listed everything that's been mentioned as in the works or a future possibility:

• ORBAT updates
  • Tournament Packs
  • Campaigns
  • Dreadbot redo
  • New models/resculpts/rules
  • Modular models
  • Quick-Play Rules
  • Re-packaging
  • Alliance Restructure

There's a lot of stuff here. Things on that list that I think it's probably not:

• ORBATs- already seen many of these announced, I don't think it qualifies as 'exciting announcement'
  • Tournament Packs- Explicitly mentioned in the same blog post.
  • Dreadbot redo- Doesn't really strike me as exciting, just needed.
  • Re-packaging- another kinda boring but necessary thing. Glad I'm not in charge of the logistics for selling however many million models Spartan produces.
  • Alliance Restructure- Kinda minor, I doubt it's that.

So that leaves:

• Campaigns
  • New models/rules
  • Modular models
  • Quick-Play Rules

Is it one of these? Maybe. It could be something totally unrelated. If it were one of that list, I'd be most excited by Quick-Play rules, then new modular models, then resculpts for older models. As for something not even hinted at? Who knows. It could be something indirectly related to DW, like a book or boardgame. It might be a new main rules updated (though I don't think that's needed at the moment).

Whatever it is, colour me excited.

I agree it's likely Quick-play rules with new modular models.  Since DW was the 1st core game to feature "modular" with the Shadowhunter box it wouldn't be too hard of a stretch.  I actually wouldn't mind a reorganization of boxed sets to allow fleet building easier without tons of extra smalls but that is just me.

My dream announcement would be a "wave 2" of Ally nations featuring The Spanish Republican Confederacy and The SUSA...

What about a new "theater'.... Underwater combat?  Lots of new Subs, underwater bots and SCUBA infantry?

Or how about a new Core nation?  Say the Invaders toned seriously down and based out of one of the other rumored vaults in South America or Africa.. or Hooke's Reach?

I'm hoping for more background information.  Not necessarily advancing the story line but maybe fleshing it out a lot more.  What about all of those other countries that exist but just don't have anything really said about them?  Are some of the minor nations gaining or loosing power?