Sign in to follow this  
angelshard

What's your ratio?

I'm curious,what ratio do you guys usually have between small, medium and large/massive?

I almost exclusively play 1500 pts.

Personally I find that most of the really good stuff in EotBS is in the medium category and I rarely make a list with less than 55% medium, after that I usually use about 25% on large and 20-25% on small.

While I love both ships I often make lists without them, my usual large/massive stable is the Tenkei. It's hard to take down if it keeps to obscured and it's 3 activations for 150 pts. I often just pair it with a battleship or an Ika, love the new Ika plus zarigani squadron.

They are, but they cost 535 pts. A Tenkei and an Ika cost me 250. Sure I often bring a Kaiju or a Hachiman, sometimes even both, but I find that the EotBS are already struggling with activations, so I usually tend to bring a carrier for the extra activations. This is somewhat different now that I've gotten my hands on the heavybombers. 120 pts for two activations and the option of attaching three tetsubos for 90 pts more is very good indeed.

I think that the only unit that I haven't really played without is the Tanuki. I can't even remember the last time I made a fleet without at least one unit of those beauties.

They are worth every point! :P

In 1250 my three larges are skyfort, dread, heavy battleship. You do however struggle with activations :) Ika is pretty worthless when competing with any of the other larges :(

All of this will change when the Eotbs eventually get a fleet carrier :D

A fleet carrier! My kingdom for a fleet carrier!

Seriously though, I have considered using support carriers from the operational assets.

As for the Ika, while I agree it has certainly taken a tumble from it's former glory I find that it's still worth taking, it can still force a large no-go zone on my opponent. And with four zanukas instead of two Ika's I find it's even better.

I think the main reason I go medium heavy is that in my group most of the others focus on large. Quite often I win by clearing my objective (if it's small, medium or commodore) and only sinking a single large, leaving the rest undamaged. If I draw all large I usually have to go with 70%. 

Almost every game I end up being way behind on points but still completing my objective a turn before my opponent can.

For me I am all about the models. The kaiju, Mizuchi and Raijin are tops for capitals. Honshu ( turret ) and Tanuki mediums.  Uwatsu and Fujin for smalls.

So I guess i am top heavy, have not really thought about it. 

Fleet carrier yes please!

Hi,

I know that this is a little off topic but can you please report your battles to the Dystopian Wars Online Campaign?

Right know there is event going on, called Battle for Malta and its up to players to

decide (by reported battles) if Malta will stay in British hands or if it will be captured

by Imperial Bond.

For more information please visit: http://community.spartangames.co.uk/index.php?/topic/16832-dystopian-wars-open-online-campaign/page-2

If you want to report battle plese use: http://ohmcz.eu/dw/reportc.php

Personally I don't like tying so many points up in units that won't do much until they hit my opponents line. Also I'm extremely fond of both the Tanuki and the Arashi, but both are rather costly in points.

For 1500 points I tend to go with a Hachiman, with 2 Tenkei as my large units, then a Tanuki squadron and two Uwatsu squadrons, then fill in the gaps depending on who I am playing.

Not a big fan of the Honshu's, feel a bit flimsy for my liking

On 27.3.2016 at 3:19 PM, angelshard said:

Do you still find the Ika is worth it? Personally I think 5 Zanukis are a better value than an Ika.

i also think the Zariganis are better, because they are much faster. The Ika often arrives at the enemy too late and heavily damaged, and the damage the Ika does is rather low considering its points. Maybe make the Ika somewhat cheaper, somewhat faster, give its tentacle guns the piercing MAR or add some mines.

Just ordered another squadron of Tanuki's - awesome ship. Plus as a guy mentioned on here; having two squadrons on the table makes them a real headache. One squadron just becomes a bullet magnet, two increases survivability.

Cannot wait ! 

Also took delivery of 5 Tsukyuomi's and 3 Sokotsu's to beef up my EotBS. 

The Honshu is a poor excuse for a cruiser :P either that or tanukis are too good :)

I like the Honchu and I think it is a well balanced unit of good use in the fleet, though maybe somewhat expensive for what it does. MK1 with aggressive crew is a really good boarder, while MK3 disables generators at medium range.

I think our weakest medium choice is the Nakatsu, which is sub par compared to other medium choices and other light cruisers. For just a few points more You get a Honchu. Other nations´ 55 points cruisers like Fettah, Plato and Reiver walk all over the Nakatsu. I think the Nakatsu should be somewhat faster to angle the FC broadsides at short range and get a chance of boarding before it becomes destroyed. The FC torpedos are completely obsolete, because You use the much better broadsides instead. Even after 3 points of damage degradation the broadsides are still better than the torpedos due to enemy CC. The torpedos should be 90° arc of fire or considerably stronger to make them worth considering. Looking at the model, I think IR 5 would be nice as well and give some more flexibility. By now there is no reason to ever take Nakatsus, while there are good reasons for all of our other medium choices.  I am writing all this since V2 came out, but sadly nobody cares.

The only thing I like about the Nakatsu is that its a non Capital ship, so it happily blasts away at smalls with no penalties.

Pound for pound, I really dislike the Mizuchi - a few hits and its firepower is reduced drastically. Awful unit in my opinion.