Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Dan

What Kurak fleet would you wish to be fully fleshed out?

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

While reading thru the Zenian League guide, I got some thoughts about Support fleets. Each non-main faction it is not supposed to work on their own (they just have ships to make a core fleet) and need some other factions (or the main ones in alliance fleets) to work properly, all EXCEPT one: The RSN. They all have almost all ship types (barring some battlecruisers, invasion ships and maybe space installations), so they have no problems in ship selection when making a RSN "pure" fleet.

So I thought it could be a good Idea having a fully fleshed out "pure" support fleet composed of just one faction in the Kurak side too, so decided to make a poll to help Spartan in case they decide to "boost" a kurak fleet to its full in ship selection.

So, What fleet would you love to see completed or what could make more sense that should have all ship classes (and maybe some invasion ships , defence stations etc..)

Hope it helps ... in the future ;)

Dan

For me, Hawker Industries.

They are a major player within the the TA and KA. Granted they are building ships for the TA, but have their own ships and facilities on a massive scale, and more being brought online as the war intensifies.

As for what I'd like to see...

T1

Foundry ship (read Dreadnought...Leviatan? :o )

Battle station/R&D station

T2

R&D Cruiser- what to give, though...Cyber? Cloak? Cloak sweeper/anti-stealth? Torpedo spook? hehehehe 

Destroyer- Ambush with horrific primaries, option for decimator.

T3

Corvette- Fast torpedo boat

Light frigate- FSTF should provide these in time!

Anything that doesn't cost 35 points!

As for the panels...sorry people, they are on the way out! I don't see spartan making these buggers in resin. To be fair I even come to like the Regent's panel design. I can even look at the model and not retch anymore! :lol: Gits and shiggle aside, the render and the studio paint job don't do the Regent justice.

They can still do the panels separate and just make  the attachment point where they can stand up as now  OR  lean over and have a glue spot on the hull for those people who want more support for them. I was planning on putting some on the new Halo assault ship as a replacement for the Regent model.  Looks like it could have been a converted freighter and has a tower similar to Hawker  and looks like you could fit 4 shield panels on each side of  the rear " wing ' things I literally can't wrap my head around the Regent's design or lines.

I'm afraid if the panels go , I go .  They are the best looking ships in the entire range atm and I can't see mixing them with " flats " nor only running just cruisers,battleships and frigates [ or maybe a converted carrier ].  i believe awhile ago Neil said the hawker frigates were staying metal . That could have changed/will change but there's still hope.

Future-wise I'd love a heavy cruise, .battlecruiser and/or gunship  and some experimental R&D ship.

Clipboard01hawk.JPG

Ryushi, due to a combination of looks, and curiosity as to where a fleet built around the concept of unmanned carrier ships would go. There's definitely the opportunity with Ryushi to do some real oddball model rules at T2 & T3.

Well, Tarakians are the smallest fleet to have a big role in the galaxy's history. As much as I think mechanically Ryushi and Xelocians have the most potential for new and interesting things, Tarakians kind of need it in terms of representing the setting.

From a fluff perspective, I want to see more Hawker Industries ships to bring them up to the RSN. They and Anton Kurak are basically the glue keeping the Alliance together.

From a mechanics stand point, more Ryushi and Tarakians. Ryushi could make some really neat unmanned fleet concepts and the Tarakians could really use some more options.

My in the end I have to throw my vote to Hawker Industries. They are my first love in the setting and are the models that got me interested not just in FSA, but in Spartan's games period.

Ryushi, different conzept then just shields and Cyberwarfere and their ships Looks way more diffrenent then just more terran plating.(and because their battelship cant be taken in a patrol fleet  :wacko: )

@mutantpoo: I have a Regent, and honestly it reminds me a lot of the Chevrolet Corvette (C3). Here's a link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Corvette_%28C3%29

Also, I hope the Endeavours (or whatever their replacement will be called) change to resin. I recently ordered four of them and the moulds seem to be past their time already, especially the frontal armour looks ... "mushy", for lack of a better word.

Oh, and I voted for the Tarakians, of course. Pretty ships that all do the same thing, two reasons to get a fully fleshed out fleet already, without even really thinking about it. :)

Every support fleet should have the following:

2x Tier 1 options

2x Tier 2 options

1x Tier 3 option

Hawker needs a Heavy Cruiser

Ryuishi need a Destroyer

Tarakians need a Carrier and Gunship

Terquai and Veydreth are ok

Xelocians need a Destroyer or Gunship

Finally, if any of them receive a Leviathan, it should either be Ryushi or Tarakians.

Given the historical importance and strength of the Tarakian forces in the universe, it strikes me that they should be the first boosted.  But fundamentally, I agree with Ryjak above. I'd like to see all the support fleets get a buffing to two options in each tier (maybe less critical for tier 3s). Tarakians getting a full carrier and a destroyer or gunship first, Hawkers coming in second with a shiny new destroyer.  I worry about voting for heavy cruisers because of the Heavy Cruiser generally falling into the T1 section in patrol games.

I of course am for the Tarakian expansion. I play them as a core race and I try to build fleets composed only of Tarakians and the only thing I can get into the battles are the same 3 models. The old battleships were fit to make a carrier with its modular design, sadly the new one is battleship only. (I love the old one and therefore dislike the new one :D )