Worms4u

Color me disappointed.

With the release of taskforce information approximately 7 weeks ago (?) I was really pleased to see that Relthoza were getting something I thought they desperately needed, gunships.  So I've been following the information as time went on waiting for specific information on the product, as I am not in a financial place to buy it sight unseen.

I was anticipating seeing both the Taskforce and Armada statistics at least a week before the actual release of the models (2/17ish) so I could decide if I was going to place a pre-order for the models.

It's now 5 days after the models have officially been released, and there literally is nothing but a void with regard to information and hard data.  I just checked the website again and haven't seen any data except a wallpaper for taskforce, and nothing in Armada.  Please pardon this post if I have missed it.

I am not really interested in hearing an apology or excuses from Spartan, as from a marketing standpoint this is pretty lack luster.

What I am interested in is seeing the statistics for the models 5 days ago (Taskforce AND Armada).  However since that is not possible I will settle on seeing the information today.

Expecting customers to buy something without any information what-so-ever is a terrible idea.

Thanks,
Worms4u

As far as I know, the powers that be are migrating everyone from the current website onto a new one (something to do with the old website being a pain to edit). Now that the models are out, the stats should be available to download soon (though that depends on the website migration, final checks and all the usual stuff on the stats before putting them live after playtesting...). There are pictures of the Taskforce stats for the Dindrenzi and the Terrans on the Firestorm Armada Admirals League Facebook page, I don't know if anyone has put up the stats for the other races there yet. 

Thanks for the reply DanSG-19, I am on this website daily looking for updates.  I saw that someone from Spartan mentioned migrating to a new web host, which quite frankly is a terrible excuse to be honest.  It's not like they decided to move to a new web host two days before the release of taskforce.  The Spartan person then mentioned how much of a problem it is to update the website.  Coming from someone who was in web development for 8 years I can't imagine what the problem is.  If the page is static then it's a simple line of HTML, and the update would take about 30 seconds start to finish to implement.  If the page is dynamic and database driven, then it would take about two minutes to update a database.  If the updates are handled by a contract company, who care how long it takes, they're responsible to update the website.

I just want some information.  If the stats for Armada are still in development, then Spartan needs to say so, and a firm date as to when they'll be released.  If there is some other issue then tell the community and when the expected release will be.  Don't give us some excuse that insults our intellegence; Or at least mine.

This is marketing and project management 101.

Worms

literally no release that I can remember has had the stats up before product shipped, and only a handful have ever had them up this quickly after product shipped. (even if it is only the taskforce stats)

Also never ask for firm dates, youll just be disapointed and back here ranting some more....its why they stopped giving them.