chrisbburn

Targets?

Anyone know as it doesn't say if you target a squadron or a model. 
If its a model this makes small models powerful as they attack as a squadron but can only be targeted singly. I can't see how you target a squadron and decide which model you compare damage to DR???? 

So when you target a squadron of tier 3s do you have to specify which attacks are targetting which model in the squad?

That's how it works in armada, it allows for crippling multiple ships so the return fire is reduced, just used to this

Sounda dumb but I am used to the pf version where you target a squad and then work out the chain and move along as you destroy model after model.

Ok so to be clear as the book has no examples of targeting squadrons of more than 1 ship.

Squadron of 2 Terran Light Cruisers opt to fire at a squadron of  5 Dinzi T3s. When deciding firing solutions I must decide (for both models) which target MODEL I am targeting? i.e. front one, middle one etc. If I want to combine the 2 LC firepower they must target the same MODEL? And for the target model it gets to use its PD/Shield dice and any additional interceptors etc.

Is that correct? Because that seems a very slow way of doing things for a quick play set of games. I thought it would be more akin to PF for the quick play where you target the squadron and then roll to hit and see down the chain of priority how much damage and so models destroyed you have done but as damage is another separte roll this is not really possible unless you say you allocate rolls on the table equally to all viable targets.