Sign in to follow this  
knightperson

Aquan skimmer bases

So, what's the best way to make the Aquan Lamana medium skimmers, and probably the Sirsir as well, hover properly? Mine are all nose-down, which doesn't look right. Are they supposed to be like that, or maybe nose-mostly-down? I'm not sure I would trust a glue joint to hold at any particular angle, and they don't look right unglued. I doubt magnets would hold either. Has anybody tried clear acrylic (cannibalized flight stand if I can't find appropriate scrap) in the front to fix the angle? 

Yep, I'm with SDW... I've not had any issues, only a cut off flight peg superglued in the mounting holes has proved stable enough. In a few cases I've used some filler in the base mounting hole, either green stuff or some other modelling putty.

I think I'm still going to try the acrylic prop. I put enough work into the bottom and base on these things that I want to be able to take the model off the base occasionally. 

I KNEW there was a reason my Dremel had a plastic-cutting wheel!

my buddy did that and mounted them a bit higher, they look great

my buddy did that and mounted them a bit higher, they look great

The first draft looks ok. I sacrificed an armada flight stand to raise the front end a bit, but I might want to make something taller. I will be demoing the game the weekend after next, and we'll see how the current version does. Still have to deal with the Sedna.