Sign in to follow this  
Wolfchild

Turret designs vs rules?

I only came into Dystopian @ v2, so I've not seen what turrets used be in 1st ed.

What I don't understand is all the CoA smalls that appear to have energy turrets, but weapons listed as 'gun's, eg Plutarch.

Also, in the case of the Galen, a 270 fore arc turret, with a model demonstrating only a 180 fore arc.

Is this a shift from v1, -keeping minis while changing rules- or was this discrepancy always the case?

and why?

Most of the weapons as seen in the Covenant are Energy Based Weapons. BUT they don't have the powercore to gain the power of an actual energy weapon. 

For the Galen, the 270 arc was always that way. Some models just have different kind of arcs compared to the model. Don't question it a lot because it is waisted energy ;)

Also, in the case of the Galen, a 270 fore arc turret, with a model demonstrating only a 180 fore arc.

Turret has 180 forward and 45 degree left right rear leaving a 90 degree arc centred directly rear

@Dr Dodo. I understand what 270 fore arc is. I was pointing out that on the model, the turret can't turn past 90 degrees left or right. Projectmanhatten5 already explained that there are somethings that just don't match between model and rules.

I'm guessing partly its down to v1 versus v2 rules and simple lack of attention to detail in this area. It's a common mistake that appears in lots of game systems, but Spartan have been pretty damn gud w most things, so I had to ask.