Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

Dreadpool 1500 KoB vs PE

My esteemed Prussian opponent Zahariel decides to challenge the might of Her Majesty's Royal Navy, so we decided to have a scrap in the pool with my Dreadnought. The match will be held tomorrow so I'll be updating this post later.

Our lists are as thus, full Naval no Aerial:

KoB

Majesty (Commodore)

Avenger

Lord Hood

Vanguard x 3 with Piercing torps (Advance deployment)

Tribal x 3 with attached Dominion

Attackers x 4

Orions x 4

Swifts x 5

PE

Elbe (Commodore) with attached Donnerfaust

Kaiser Karl

Sturmbringer

Sturmbringer

Uhlan x 3

Arminius x 4

Saxony x 5

Bechutzer Squadron

Konigsberg + 3 Wachter

Update:

Game ended with Prussian victory.

Both of us had some really bad dice rolls ( the subs actually tank-ed more AD than the dreadnoughts and avenger combined!!), but overall we had some really awesome moments! The unsinkable elbe was finally destroyed!

Here's the summary

Prussian waves of boarders work together to cripple the avenger and capture the Majesty. A lucky speerscheulder shot landed on the avenger, and the 2 sturmbringers followed up and brought in more than 6-8 HP damage to it in one swoop, completing the Prussian objective in one very lucky last gambit ( objective was to capture/destroy large and massive, and completed that in my last activation with the sturmbringer).

Thoughts:

Let's talk about the wachter, at first I couldnt seem to find a place for this little fella, but then I saw the Beschutzer squadron. With 12 ap, this squad is nasty and fierce. It was the squadron that boarded the majesty without much problems. Their linked AD is a lot too, especially when you link the konigsberg broadsides to their turrets. This is a glass cannon squadron but very powerful once it gets in range.

The donnerfaust was a bit of a disappointment though, but it's probably my lousy dice rolls, as the speerscheulder keeps on missing it's target (the subs). The unit is also a bit squishy and dies quite easily.

I underestimated the sturmbringer"s power, and to my surprise, once you get into rb 2, this thing is a monster! It rips apart large and massive targets like nobody's business! Do not let this sub get close to you!

And that's it. This is my thoughts from the Prussian side of things. My friend nicholas shall post the complete bat rep.

Overall this was an awesome game, Looking forward to fight the brits again!

I underestimated the sturmbringer"s power, and to my surprise, once you get into rb 2, this thing is a monster! It rips apart large and massive targets like nobody's business! Do not let this sub get close to you!

Yeah, it's a beast alright, but I have a bad habit of overextending it. It's a very pretty 370 VP once you get past the 3 AA en 4 Elite AP. Makes for exciting plays though!

Yeah, it's a beast alright, but I have a bad habit of overextending it. It's a very pretty 370 VP once you get past the 3 AA en 4 Elite AP. Makes for exciting plays though!

Hahaha, yeah. I backed them up with my Kaiser Karl. =D

The sub is indeed very vulnerable to boarding

Deployment as below. The British right flank faced a great Prussian Migration composed of Arminius, Saxony, Uhlans, and the Beshutzer Squadron

D6bREZG.jpg

End of Turn 1 below: British torpedoes did absolutely NOTHING. I also forgot about the Piercing qualities, even when Zahariel has kindly asked me if there are any special munitions on my shots.

WOBndMA.jpg

End of Turn 2 below: The crunch. A thin red line of Attacker frigates held on much, much longer than expected against the Prussian rush. Although they eventually were destroyed, their sacrifice managed to disrupt the enemy lines and force the spikey helmets to expend more firepower than was necessary.

how7Xsa.jpg 

End of Turn 3: The End approaches. The Uhlans tried to board the Majesty but were wiped out to a man doing no significant damage. The Elbe then boarded the Majesty, Zahariel also triggered the Prussian Commodore ability and wiiped out 7AP. The Beshutzer Squadron then finished the job.

ndAiAOO.jpg

Thoughts to follow once I have more time. :D Good game Zahariel.

Thoughts:

I did not protect the Majesty well enough. Facing Prussians I should have CAP the vessel and screen it properly. The fact that the thin line of Frigates held is very lucky for me. Frigates with Shield (2) ho yeah boy do I love them so much!

The Elbe is a tough ship to sink by sheer dint of 10 HP. It didn't help when Lady Luck decide to frown on my T1 torpedo strikes which did nothing. In hindsight I should have send the Vanguards against the Sturmbringers instead.

The Kaiser Karl is still a large threat which I have chosen to ignore,  it takes a lot of firepower to sink the vessel and I decide to just absorb what it throws out and roll with it.

I learnt the power of Dominions! Attached to the Tribal squadron they throw out very good torpedo dice, now I am excited to try it out with my Large and Massives.

Zahariel rightfully took out the Orion squadron early on, left unchecked the Destroyers would have been troublesome later on. 

Hi,

nice batte report. Can you please report the battle into the Dystopian Wars Online Campaing so I can use for the storyline?

Thank you

For more information: http://community.spartangames.co.uk/index.php?/topic/16832-dystopian-wars-open-online-campaign/page-2

If you want to report battle: http://ohmcz.eu/dw/reportc.php

Hi,

nice batte report. Can you please report the battle into the Dystopian Wars Online Campaing so I can use for the storyline?

Thank you

For more information: http://community.spartangames.co.uk/index.php?/topic/16832-dystopian-wars-open-online-campaign/page-2

If you want to report battle: http://ohmcz.eu/dw/reportc.php

Just curious, was our game used in the Swiss Times?