Mordicant

Deciding a Veydreth scheme

So I've got a fair bit of Sorylians and recently purchased the Veydreth helix to go with them. I just wanted peoples opinions on how the Veydreth should be painted. Would you keep it in the same scheme as the Sorylians to show that they're "natural allies"? Or would you have a completely separate scheme for them as they're their own faction? Or maybe a combination of the 2? Thoughts and ideas appreciated!

- Mord

Honestly this is one of those "you have to decide for yourself" things. Any of the methods you suggest will work for your army and done right will work well. In fact because they are allies the paint schemes don't even have to compliment each other if you don't want them to.

A thought though is that at present allies are very restricted, but it might be worth having them in their own colours in case things change in the future and you pick up another army which can take the Veydreth as well.

Thanks for the reply Overread. I hadn't considered the possibility the Alliance and League forces would expand into armies in their own right... definitely going to be going for a seperate colour scheme on them me thinks.

- Mord

I did my soryl and veydreth in different colours. But that was mostly due to real life problems with the sorylian paint scheme rather than an aesthetic choice.

I dont actually think anyone else has posted painted veydreth recon units yet so its hard to tell what would be better.