Sign in to follow this  
Doge

Question on UK Events

Deadsteve and I are in the process of putting together the 3rd National Dystopian Wars Tournament Season.

Ours has been a bit experimental in that we dispensed entirely with the VP system of deciding winners. Victory was based on how well a player achieved a scenario, with tiebreakers being based on number of large/massives sunk/prized/derelicted.

Also we have only two games in a day rather than the usual three, to give plenty of time for players to reach the Land of Smog (Teeside) and leave in daylight afterwards (you don`t want to be here after dark). We compensate by having longer games with a higher points limit.

There have been a few issues, but we hope to iron these out in time for the next run of games. I`ll stick up a post with a few of our ideas for you lot to mull over shortly.

PB

You will have 2 Irish gamers attending this event !

We are signed up at the Expo website and have flights, hotel etc sorted.

We will be around on Friday evening if anyone wants a game or a beer and a chat !

Sorry no allies just pure breed forces.

Chancer could you please make a new thread on this topic as some people might not check this one. Also, the rules on the site/ticket may want updating as it doesn't say no allies so without checking the forum people may not realise. Thanks  :)

Hi Chancer

I was looking through the thread from the 2015 expo for fleet composition etc. The one thing in not clear on. Can operational allies be used? It looks like they can if keeping the same as last year but it's not very clear.

Really enjoyed last year's and looking forward to attending again

Cheers