Sign in to follow this  
ZenHamster

1250 points. Need help please

Hello,

I'm playing against the French next week and I would like some advice on this list because I haven't play since November (prior to drone nerf).

Aristotle (energy+Kepler) 300

Callimachus-beta class battle orb 95

Cleomedes x3 240

Rho aerial squadron 155

Sigma squadron 150

Kepler ×1 95

Thales x5 100

Thales x5 100

It makes 1235 points. I added a lonely kepler only to reach 20 drones. Not sure if it is useful beyond gaining an activation...

What role do you see for the beta orb, rho squadron and sigma squadron? Is there a general plan for the fleet?

Cleomedes are generally good, solid and flexible cruisers.

Keplers are decent carriers and the Aristotle-Kepler duo is an excellent choice for a large squadron.

Thales are dependable and always a good choice.

Rho and Sigma I am not sure about, my results with Sigma have been mixed and Rho I have not tried.

French AA is high and redoubtable, making the drones significantly less good. They are already an unreliable tool, so facing french AA I would worry less about them and use them to try and control the air. Dieppes make good dive bomber targets though (well, they make good targets in general. They are nasty, powerful and are good at boarding us, but die well too.)

Hey, thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah, as a general rule now I guess I'm using Aristotle-Kepler to sit back and shoot at big things. From there, i wanted to back up this squadron with a pair of Fresnel (and maybe an hyperbius to increase synergy with target painting) but I told myself that this is too much long range artillery at 1250 points.

So I kept only the Aristotle and the rest is for blasting small and medium ships. Beside Cleomedes (That I almost always take and use as a kind of ambusher for mid/short range fight), I wanted at least one particle accelerator to deal with pack of smalls (the accelerator of the Aristotle is never used due to his role), so Zeno sounds good to me (but maybe a squadon of Zeno is better than a Sigma squadron for this role,I have no clue about this). 

So now for the Rho Squadron : I'm planning the lay mines to try to slow down enemy's general advance and keep my long range advantage longer (but maybe this strategy was better with my initial plan with fresnel and hyperbius). And in addition I like the fact that mines are indiscriminate attacks (and if I am not wrong, it negates the protection on certain French ships, the one which deny you the right to reroll exploding 6). 

I'm not an experienced player so I mostly pick Thales as small because they are straightforward, easy to play and good ships. 

And finally for the Orb : You got me there :) I don't know why I picked this one, no specific reason besides putting more points in large and less in medium.