We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

S.Neil

Firestorm: Taskforce Update by Spartan Neil

any official Statement about the Progress for the new fleet pdf´s?

i want them to make it right but after severeal "release in 2 or 3 days after x weeks" not having "final" stats for the ships released over a month ago a Statement would be nice.

Players want to field their new ships and not with "next week changing temporary stats" at least i dont want to do that.

if you rework more then the new ships and it will take more time then tell us, to read stuff like "we collected all Feedback and will release reworked stats in 2 or 3 days" and then nothing for two weeks is disappointing.

Hello Spartan Neil!

What I personally would like to add feedback on is how taskforce could take a page out of Battletech's book and envision taskforce as the quickplay, large fleet version of the game. I'm not sure if you're familiar with Alpha Strike, battletech's quickplay version, but its a fantastic take on the game and there are a lot of benefits to be had by endorsing such a rules set. Lots of "inefficient" mechs when homogenized become very playable in the quickplay version. Vehicles and Aircraft were rarely used but now they are almost a staple of every game. FSA may not have that many different models comparatively, but I'm sure that will change in time. As I mentioned, it  allows you to play with huge forces you couldn't in any reasonable amount of time before. I for one would love to play a huge game with multiple tier 1's in squadrons and maybe that could also be an opportune format to introduce the leviathan class?  Anyhow, the focus of this is to say simply taskforce doesn't have to be just the gateway, but could very well be its own beloved game played parallel with the slower, but more detail oriented game.

task force would have been great as a large scale game. Each ship could of counted as a squadron and you would with play multiple fleets.

Make the common MV 4" for most fleets. aquans and sorylians getting MV of 5". and having relthozans maintain their shunting shinanigans. Ranges could be cut to 6" bands.

you would have each fleet act in a similer fashion to planet fall helixes with the command ship giving orders to their fleet.