Aktr

shooting down flying transports

Hi,

The other day I shot down my opponents directorate leviathan whilst it had the little transport on-board.

There wasn't enough floating damage to harm the transport it carries so we just continued with the game.

Afterwards a thought occurred to me

Since the leviathan was flying and the transport can't should the transport have automatically been destroyed along with the troops I'm it as it fell out of the sky and crashed?

Cheers

Andy

No, it somehow descends from the heavens and lands lightly (although it will get an Activation Marker). As far as I can see, there is no difference between a ground or aerial transport when it comes to this rule. :)

Cheers,
Reese

No, It is assumed that the transport is designed for that to happen and has some sort of redundancy (parachute, airbag, thrusters, thick armour etc) 

Any damage that is carried over from AD could bee seen as the transport taking damage in the crash.

No, it somehow descends from the heavens and lands lightly (although it will get an Activation Marker). As far as I can see, there is no difference between a ground or aerial transport when it comes to this rule. :)

Cheers,

Reese

Lol! For a while there I thought you were being sarcastic. Then I realised that this is what would have actually happened

Same for the Terran ground attack aerial helix.

What I always find weird is that in your emergency disembarkation move you get to move your cruising distance as if it were a normal disembark.

I guess not that weird as you have perhaps some control of your eject.