Zahariel

Assault helix discussion

Hi fellow brothers! The time is now! Our assault robots is here ( along with other factions, but oh well) . It's time we showcase the superiority of men to those lesser races! =P

On a more serious note, what you guys think about the assault helix? Personally I think the bots look superb. Problem is I'm worried about its survivability. Can it take a hit and I wonder if we can sky drop the unit.

Well you're 33% right.

So the only thing they have is the Sky Drop I guess :)

In the rulebook, their DR was 9+9+9, i really don't think it will be 11+10+10 (which is closer to the Charon stats, which worth 500 pts!). 

I hope that they are better than the stats we saw in the rulebook because they are really not that great... Otherwise it would be a real disappointment, the minis are great but won't get often on the board if their rules are bad...

I think MaxToreador meant that Iapetus can move Flat Out and still swing his big scary swordy around (with Rushed penalty though)

I don't think so because it's almost certain that it will be able to skydrop. Otherwise, it won't have any way to reach leviathan CQB (as it obviously won't move as fast as the Archangel).

Lets take a look at the old profile, even if it probably evolved:

338798Sanstitre.png

To me, it seems very weak, especially compared to the Archangel. Even if the Iapetus is less costly, it lacks a lot of things compared to its RSN brother:

- slower

- not hover

- not cloaked

- weaker leviathan CQB (10 VS 14, Pinpoint 2 VS Pinpoint 4)

- weaker and shorter ranged weapon

- no nexus designator

- apparently no CQB after Flat Out

- not fearless

Does the 80 points discount on the Iapetus compared to the Archangel compensate all these drawbacks? I really don't think so... Of course, the Iapetus can be played in a squadron of 2 but then, the unit cost explodes and many issues remains.

It is why I really hope these old stats aren't the ones we'll get on the 24th of February.

Actually in the latest test Orbats, it can pretty much keep up with the Archangel in the same revision. Can't confirm that the Archangel hasn't changed though...

You're killing me! :P I hope the Archangel has not been nerfed too much then...

Don't worry, the current playtest model of the Archangel is just as capable as the public ORBAT one, no nurfing has occurred... Yet.

Looking at raw stats and not factoring in points our Dindrenzi bot is about par for the Assault Helix robots. Nothing super spectacular, It just does what it needs to. The kicker for our helix is, as revealed in the PDF that was released, a medium tank with Take and Hold, The Hades is a legit Dindrenzi medium tank, that can claim objectives. It's not an oversized Leto than can be blasted off an objective by a good volley, they can take a hit from a decent Main ordnance gun and then return one of their own while getting you objective points. Don't underestimate that.

Don't worry, the current playtest model of the Archangel is just as capable as the public ORBAT one, no nurfing has occurred... Yet.

Looking at raw stats and not factoring in points our Dindrenzi bot is about par for the Assault Helix robots. Nothing super spectacular, It just does what it needs to. The kicker for our helix is, as revealed in the PDF that was released, a medium tank with Take and Hold, The Hades is a legit Dindrenzi medium tank, that can claim objectives. It's not an oversized Leto than can be blasted off an objective by a good volley, they can take a hit from a decent Main ordnance gun and then return one of their own while getting you objective points. Don't underestimate that.

*gasp* where can I download this pdf max!