Zahariel

Pics in the army guide /orbat

Hi guys, I'm new to planetfall and I have a little suggestion to the army guide( the orbat? If I'm not mistaken).

As a new player, I find that I have a hard time identifying which unit is which at first. Of course the need gradually decrease once I gotten used to it.

However I was wondering what you guys think, is it a good idea to include pictures of the units in the force guide?

The existing one is fine, but personally, I would use them as quick reference guides once I'm more familiar to the game.

I think it would be a great idea to have pictures alongside the descriptions in the PDFs regarding units. 

I think this was less of an issue in the past when more was sold in blisters than in boxed sets and with the unit counts its not that hard to work out what is what; but I do agree that a reference picture in the reference material would make it a lot quicker and easier for new players to get the hang of what is what. 

For those that are playing games it would also mean that flipping through (paper or digital) would be quicker and easier as they can more readily identify a picture than a block of text for what they are looking for. 

The next ORBAT update will include pictures, lore and the usual updated stats, and it arrives (hopefully) at the end of February.

Woooohoo! That's good news! That's another thing I find lacking in planetfall. Slight lack of fluff. Dystopian wars had campaign books that really flesh out the struggles of each factions. But I only read passages or summaries of factions and nothing more.

It will be really cool if we have more fluff!

My main difficulty is working out which helix my models belong to, for example if I have transports that belong to both my core and my recon helices.

I get around that by using a different spot colour (Red for Core, Blue fo Recon) on my transports.

Failing that you can paint the back of the base a different colour so you can tell :)