FragEmAll

New Assault Helixes are inbound!

Thanks for the Lore headsup :) ! I don't play Armada at all (spaceship combat is not my thing) so until the MEGA-ORBAT I have to rely upon what I can pick up from conversations, and from the constant "don't forget Dramos" thing it looked like the whole Dindrenzi faction is in a pissed-up zealot mind state constantly whose sole joy in the universe is to burn down every Terran planet :) . It's good to know they are more complex than this.

Yes but what are we considering numerical beauty to be? Can numerical beauty even be defined or is it in the calculations of the individual to decide? ;)

It taking the full bore blast of a Kratos squadron at effective range to take one single Assault bot off the table for most races... yeah.

30ish AD to pull one model for all but two races. The Directroate take a smidge more and the Relth are closer to 45.

Bear in mind, full levi's take 60+AD to one-shot. Also we are talking about taking a model down in ONE SHOT. My point was essentially, raw AD straight at them with no gimmicks like pinpoint/kinetic/rerolling/corrosive the bots are the biggest models that can still theoretically be taken down with a single attack.

It taking the full bore blast of a Kratos squadron at effective range to take one single Assault bot off the table for most races... yeah.

30ish AD to pull one model for all but two races. The Directroate take a smidge more and the Relth are closer to 45.

Awwww, slightly disappointed that the dindrenzi isn't much tougher. But then again the relthoza"s bot is a freaking leviathan right?

I'm surprised to hear the Directorate is tougher than a dindrenzi bot. But then again, capitalism Ho!

The Relthoza has more smaller units with it, but otherwise its a big single target on its own whilst the others have two primary assault units. So it makes sense that its tougher because its got to take all the fire itself.

Awwww, slightly disappointed that the dindrenzi isn't much tougher. But then again the relthoza"s bot is a freaking leviathan right?

I'm surprised to hear the Directorate is tougher than a dindrenzi bot. But then again, capitalism Ho!

For the Din, it's a helix to helix balancing thing rather than squadron to squadron. I mean we got a medium tank with take and hold.... something immune to AP but more armoured than a light tank. If we got a big front line unit shredder it wouldn't be fair to players of the other races. So, we got a support bot kinda. The bots are excellent for darting up to a just hit large target and finishing it off. Personally I like the idea of having them support the big tanks or the Levi; force your opponent to split their fire or ignore the bots then 1-2 punch their major squadrons.

The Directorate boils down to that they have shields, that's it. A few more AD is needed total because they block about 1 more per DR on avg. If you can throw enough to kill a Din bot in one shot you just need a slightly luckier roll or unluckier opponent to drop a Directorate one. The Relth? Yeah, it's basically a half pint Levi. 

BTW... who's building a Kaiju force? Relth core, 2x Relth GA Aerial, 2x Relth Assault, and 2x Relth Levi? I just want to see that list in action. LoL  :lol:

BTW... who's building a Kaiju force? Relth core, 2x Relth GA Aerial, 2x Relth Assault, and 2x Relth Levi? I just want to see that list in action. LoL  :lol:

Give me the money ;)

And time

And local play group.

That said it would be up against some heavy opposition with that many points into so many big things.

Actually before factoring in the Assault it's theoretically less than 5000 pts and the Assault Helixes are actually quite reasonable point-wise. Granted I'm dropping the Infantry and their accessories in that number, but you have a messload of T&H light walkers to make up for it. There's ALOT of cloak and 6 levi's with big DR numbers and guns in that list. My current brokedness prevents my ownership.

The Taskforce boxes are getting expanded. This may be causing a strain on the manufacturing, and since it is a new game release might be taking precedence over the release of the assault helices...

https://www.facebook.com/spartangames/photos/a.1057157981020748.1073741833.148287971907758/1063531917050021/?type=3

But as a playester, if this is true.
Whooo. More time to get these things nailed down!

And work on Project X

Dun dun dun......

Remember you can always take a Directorate assault helix as Dindrenzi - it's what I'm considering doing!

http://shop.spartangames.co.uk/SearchResults.asp?Cat=2100

Either its an error or the Assault Helix's are delayed now until March.

If true it is a little disappointing. Mostly because I am concerned it will delay my pre-order for Firestorm Taskforce as well since I ordered both Taskforce and the assault helix together. Hopefully, Spartan will make an official statement. But it will get here eventually..... I hope (with all the free stuff that is coming with it)!  :D